Dear Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guy Book Club members!
I worked until really late last night in my Advanced Painting studio at The University of Texas in Tyler, Texas on my alcohol ink paintings. I fell in love with this medium after taking a class from my dear friend and artist, Judy Wilder Dalton.
Judy is a fantastic teacher and works in all mediums. I have one of her incredible watercolors hanging over my fireplace mantel and other works of hers in acrylics in my home.
But the intense colors of alcohol inks spoke to me and love the fact that the paint dries very quickly.
I have no patience for oils anymore, so I became engrossed with creating new works beginning on Yupo translucent paper to tiles and now working on all non-porous surfaces from glass to a giant sheet Mylar that will hang floor to ceiling.
My work is getting bigger.
So here are some of my works to demonstrate the process and I work in layers. Enjoy and yes, all my work is for sale or will be for sale as working on my Senior Exhibition right now so many works in progress.
Sign up for Judy’s class and you too can open the doors to your artistic nature as though the medium is reactive to each time you add a color, the endless possibilities of your imagination will be opened to share with the world.
All her information is below on how to sign up for her Alcohol Ink Workshop below with a link to click. Just another incredible opportunity at our ever growing 2018 Girlfriend Weekend, this year is going to be the BOMB.
Tell all your friends to get their Membership and Pulpwood Queen Package too at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com.
The Fredonia Hotel is almost booked so we are getting at block too at The Hampton Inn in Nacogdoches in case those sell out but try to stay at the hotel first most all the events will be there except Alcohol Ink class at the Nacogdoches Visitor’s Center and the Author Dinner at Mast Hall. All a short walking distance, so here we go Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys.
Let’s have some BIG TIME FUN with books and all the arts! You will just love JUDY WILDER DALTON!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, Book and Art Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
The Pulpwood Queen and Artist
January 11, 2018
1:00 p.m. – Registration opens for Girlfriend Weekend at the Nacogdoches Visitors Center located in the center of the downtown historic square.
Thursday Afternoon – 12:30 P.M. TO 3:30 P.M. Alcohol Ink Workshop
Workshop Dates: 1/11/2018 –
Location: Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend
Country: United States
Contact: Judy Wilder Dalton
The alcohol ink workshop is open to all but please check out the Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend, you don’t want to miss it!
Kick off the fabulous Girlfriend Weekend creating beautiful ceramic tiles to take home to show off and share. The class will be around 3 hours on Thursday afternoon an all supplies are furnished.
The class is presented by award winning artist, Judy Wilder Dalton. Judy loves to teach and encourage others to explore their own art spirit. Judy will teach you the free flowing creative experience of alcohol ink painting that will delight and amaze beginning artist to the experienced artist.
Alcohol inks are an acid-free, highly pigmented, and fast drying medium to be used on non-porous surfaces. Mixing colors can create a vibrant marbled effect and the possibilities can only be limited by what you are willing to try.
During the class, I will be giving demos on techniques and materials to work with and instruction on how to seal your work to last. You will have fun exploring the possibilities and getting in touch with your ART spirit.
All supplies are furnished, including the alcohol inks, alcohol, brushes and tools, and ceramic tiles. No art experience is required!
Thank you so much,
Judy Wilder Dalton
- The Pulpwood Queen Says “Let me be like Scout”, from “To Kill a Mockingbird”! - February 21, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen On The Road with Tiajuana Anderson Neel Promoting Literacy! - February 20, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Has First Solo Exhibition titled “Bookland”! - February 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares all the Good News! - February 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Now Fascinated With History! - February 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Art as Portals Into Your Own Imaginations To Make NEW Discoveries! - January 25, 2018
- ATTENTION! The Pulpwood Queen Announces a Really Big Contest, The Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Roundup to Girlfriend Weekend 2019! - January 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW Co-Host for Girlfriend Weekend 2019, Author, REAVIS Z. WORTHAM! - January 23, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces 2018 Book Club Selections, so far… - January 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Asks “Can I get a Witness?” - January 18, 2018