I am as pleased as punch to officially announce that for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend, Author, Reavis Z. Wortham will be not only my Co-Host but a Keynote Speaker for Girlfriend Weekend. With our theme being HOW THE WEST WAS WON, Reavis Z. Wortham just fit the bill and the hat too I might add to a T!
Our dear Jamie Ford is been given a break as co-host as recuperating from his amazing book tour and the fact that his wife Leesha Ford is running for office in Montana! In keeping with my motto this year, “Be the Change that You Want to See”, I made my contribution to her campaign as Leesha embodies all that I believe in. I support this couple, the Ford family as we all forge ahead to make this world a better place! You too can support the Fords by contributing on this link:
Howdy to all the Pulpwood Book Club members guys and gals! I’m excited to co-host the Pulpwood Queen’s Girlfriend Weekend next January, 2019. This organization has been wonderful to me, and I’m looking forward being your keynote speaker, and working closely with my friend Kathy L. Murphy. She invited me to my first Girlfriend Weekend seven years ago when I was newly published writer to join in your celebration of books, and you guys have been instrumental in my success.
This event thrives because of Kathy’s tireless enthusiasm and unlimited personality. This is truly a group effort that succeeds because of the new authors, familiar writers, and you, dear readers and members. Your support by buying, reading, discussing, and reviewing our work, through social media, and good old-fashioned word of mouth, has made each attending author part of the Pulpwood family.
This year’s theme, How the West Was Won, will hopefully spark a stampede of familiar and well-known authors who have used the old west and contemporary western themes in their work to join us in Nacogdoches. I think the wonderful midcentury hotel, The Fredonia, a throwback classic deeply rooted in 1955 architecture and midcentury style, will also help attract the biggest attendance in Pulpwood History.
In addition, the official reading selection for December 2018 is Hawke’s Prey and the soon-to-be released Hawke’s War, my first two novels in the contemporary Sonny Hawke thriller series. I hope these two fast-paced thrillers will help get you in the mood to celebrate Texas’ wonderful heritage. Plan to join us in Nacogdoches next January, and urge your friends to attend. I look forward to hugging your neck when I see you.
Reavis Z. Wortham
For more on Reavis Z. Wortham, check out his Facebook page and go to his Official website! You all might say “HOWDY”!
Reavis Z. Wortham is the author of the Red River Mystery series and the Sonny Hawke Thriller series. He lives in Texas, where his books are set.
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
P.S. Get your Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Membership TODAY at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com, click on Membership on home page top menu bar the get your tickets and package to 2019 Girlfriend Weekend too, click Girlfriend Weekend on top menu bar and scroll to BIG YELLOW BUTTONS! We have already sold so many packages, so don’t delay to hold your seat. I also might suggest if you want to stay at our Official hotel, book your rooms at The Fredonia Hotel & Convention Center too, we sold out last year!
- Breaking News! The 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend is Back Home In Jefferson, Texas! - October 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger, Author Camille Di Maio! - October 15, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS! The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW VENUE for 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - October 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Now Accepting Bids for 2020 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - September 30, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Beginning to See the Fruits of her Book Clubs “Literacy” Promoting Labors! - September 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be featured in New magazine, FENCEPOST! - September 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Declares Happy Book Birthday to OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - September 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces, “I’m going to be a grandma, call me Mama Kat! - September 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is an Artist Sharing my Joy of Painting with all of YOU! - September 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Poet, Tim Conroy Will do a Special Presentation at our 2019 Girlfriend Weekend! - September 6, 2018