I am as pleased as punch to officially announce that for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend, Author, Reavis Z. Wortham will be not only my Co-Host but a Keynote Speaker for Girlfriend Weekend. With our theme being HOW THE WEST WAS WON, Reavis Z. Wortham just fit the bill and the hat too I might add to a T!
Our dear Jamie Ford is been given a break as co-host as recuperating from his amazing book tour and the fact that his wife Leesha Ford is running for office in Montana! In keeping with my motto this year, “Be the Change that You Want to See”, I made my contribution to her campaign as Leesha embodies all that I believe in. I support this couple, the Ford family as we all forge ahead to make this world a better place! You too can support the Fords by contributing on this link:
Howdy to all the Pulpwood Book Club members guys and gals! I’m excited to co-host the Pulpwood Queen’s Girlfriend Weekend next January, 2019. This organization has been wonderful to me, and I’m looking forward being your keynote speaker, and working closely with my friend Kathy L. Murphy. She invited me to my first Girlfriend Weekend seven years ago when I was newly published writer to join in your celebration of books, and you guys have been instrumental in my success.
This event thrives because of Kathy’s tireless enthusiasm and unlimited personality. This is truly a group effort that succeeds because of the new authors, familiar writers, and you, dear readers and members. Your support by buying, reading, discussing, and reviewing our work, through social media, and good old-fashioned word of mouth, has made each attending author part of the Pulpwood family.
This year’s theme, How the West Was Won, will hopefully spark a stampede of familiar and well-known authors who have used the old west and contemporary western themes in their work to join us in Nacogdoches. I think the wonderful midcentury hotel, The Fredonia, a throwback classic deeply rooted in 1955 architecture and midcentury style, will also help attract the biggest attendance in Pulpwood History.
In addition, the official reading selection for December 2018 is Hawke’s Prey and the soon-to-be released Hawke’s War, my first two novels in the contemporary Sonny Hawke thriller series. I hope these two fast-paced thrillers will help get you in the mood to celebrate Texas’ wonderful heritage. Plan to join us in Nacogdoches next January, and urge your friends to attend. I look forward to hugging your neck when I see you.
Reavis Z. Wortham
For more on Reavis Z. Wortham, check out his Facebook page and go to his Official website! You all might say “HOWDY”!
Reavis Z. Wortham is the author of the Red River Mystery series and the Sonny Hawke Thriller series. He lives in Texas, where his books are set.
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
P.S. Get your Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Membership TODAY at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com, click on Membership on home page top menu bar the get your tickets and package to 2019 Girlfriend Weekend too, click Girlfriend Weekend on top menu bar and scroll to BIG YELLOW BUTTONS! We have already sold so many packages, so don’t delay to hold your seat. I also might suggest if you want to stay at our Official hotel, book your rooms at The Fredonia Hotel & Convention Center too, we sold out last year!
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces Author/Designer, Phebe Phillips and Mac Hargrove AND MORE BREAKING NEWS! - August 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be be featured in the book, “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - August 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen says, “If a picture is a thousand words, I say here is a whole tome!” - August 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Big REVEAL! Check out the Inside of my NEW GLAMPER! - August 9, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces You to Mark, my New GLAMPER! - August 7, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Plans her Birthday Bash at Tyler State Park in Tyler, Texas And You Are Invited! - August 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Yesterday Had a “Thelma and Louise” Moment! - August 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Winner of Drawing for a FREE Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Package! - August 1, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces a 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Giveaway! - July 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing , Book Sharing Guide to Life NEW Edition! - July 27, 2018