Dear Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Readers, Writers, Authors, Book Lovers Everywhere!
When it comes to writing everybody needs a good editor, so when I heard this breaking news from Pulpwood Queen Author, Julie Perkins Cantrell, winner of a Crossover Pulpwood Queen Book of the Year, multiple Christy Award winner, my heart began to sing! So shouting from the rooftops, here is one that I can guarantee will take to where you need to be in the publishing world. There is nobody more passionate about sharing a great story so here is to connecting you to one who will make your story soar!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, and Julie Cantrell Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the 750 chapter Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Reading Nation
Need an Editor?
Building a story is not so different from constructing a skyscraper. An architect produces a design—something that has never been seen in the world—but his sketches won’t necessarily create a high-rise that stands. That’s when the engineer comes in, ensuring that the spine of the building is structurally sound so that visitors will be safe when they dare to enter.
In many ways an author’s role is similar to that of an architect, creating something new for the world to enjoy. Then an editor works to make sure that “creation” is structurally sound before anyone enters. A good editor will prevent the plot arc from collapsing, fill any dangerous holes, and ensure the reader won’t get lost in the layout.
As an author, I’m grateful for the editors who have helped me bring my novels into the world, and as an editor, I’m passionate about helping other writers do the same. While I am honest and thorough with my edits, I also believe an editor’s encouragement can make all the difference in a story’s progress. That’s why I aim to elevate the skills of every author—never to leave a writer feeling deflated or unheard as we partner together to preserve the writer’s creative vision and voice.
In hopes of helping even more stories reach shelves, I’m excited to announce the launch of Blue Spark Editorial, LLC. (www.bluesparked.com)
If you (or someone you know) is in need of an editor, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org Let’s bring YOUR stories to life!
Julie Cantrell is a New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling novelist. Her fourth novel, Perennials, hit shelves in November. Learn more about Julie’s work by visiting www.juliecantrell.com or view her inspiring TEDx: Two Questions That Will Change Your Life
P.S. And here are some of the highlights of my dear, dear friend and author, Julie Cantrell at our recent book club convention that we call Girlfriend Weekend Author Extravaganza! As you can see my fellow authors and all my Pulpwood Book Club Members LOVE HER and nobody else more than ME! BIG BOOK LOVE JULIE CANTRELL!
- The Pulpwood Queen FINAL Press Release for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Program! - December 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen’s #1 New Year’s Resolution is to OWN IT! - December 19, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Heads Book Club Members Up, Moves Them out, RAWHIDE to East Texas! - December 17, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Sharing her LOVE for All Things Jason Momoa! - December 13, 2018
- 2019 Official Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Doing Multiple Literary Events starting TODAY! - November 15, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queens Talks About Newly Discovered Author/Poet Clifford Brooks and On The Road Again! - November 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Inspirations for our HOW THE WEST WAS WON themed 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - November 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Tiajuana Anderson Neel is NEW Executive Director of The Pulpwood Queen Book Club Reading Nation! - October 31, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces BEST BOOKS TO HAVE READ FOR 2018! - October 27, 2018