Dear Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Family, and Friends!
The biggest day of my life has arrived. The Pulpwood Queen is FINALLY graduating from college! What began at the age of 17 in 1974 when I began my college studies at Kansas State University continued with further studies at Emporia State University, Grossmont College, Panola College, Texarkana College, Texas A & M University, ends decades later on December 15, 2017 as I walk the stage to receive my diploma for B.F.A in Studio Arts, minor in Art History at The University of Texas at Tyler. Now that’s a sentence and now that I have reached this day I am celebrating being a lifelong learner BIG TIME!
You too can watch this momentous occasion too at https://www.uttyler.edu/commencement/. But better yet, join my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club and help me continue my mission of helping to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading. It is only $25 a year at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com that renews itself annually. Best money I have ever spent has been on books. Reading and educating yourself is not only the best thing you can do for you but for the world. We can change through education. I am a better person because I am a reader. The example you will set for others will create a “ripple in the pond” effect to being the change you want to see. Last a big shout out to my fellow art students, the outstanding staff and professors at The University of Texas Art Department, especially Dr. Abhidya Ghuge, who got us all through our Senior Exhibition and Michelle Taff, our Curator Director. I have made some friends for a lifetime and of course to all of you for your financial and spiritual support as I navigate the last chapter in my book of life. I am eternally grateful.
So my TIARA tonight will be my cap and gown, let my journey continue.
Next up, I am now featuring an author and their book every time I blog to help even more authors get discovered in a big way. So today’s feature is Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg of “Eden”. Be sure and check out her book. Great cover, don’t you think!
- The Pulpwood Queen Headed to Westport, Connecticut on “Warrior Goddess” Art and Fashion Book Tour! - June 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Stops on Tour to Visit The Pulpwood Queen of Bristol, Virginia! - June 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Arrived in Memphis/Collier!ville, Tennessee to Visit Artist, Alisa Free! - June 15, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Hits the Road on her “Warrior Goddess” Pop-Up Art & Fashion Book Tour! - June 14, 2018
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author Ends Her East Texas Tour in Tyler, Texas! - June 14, 2018
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author of the Month Draws a Big Crowd on East Texas Tour! - June 12, 2018
- 2019 Working Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend, January 17 – 19, 2019! - June 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen “Warrior Goddess” Pop-Up Art and Fashion Show Book Tour! - May 30, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Remembers Jane Ryder! - May 28, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Has a Scathingly Brilliant Idea! - May 27, 2018