Dear Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Family, and Friends!
The biggest day of my life has arrived. The Pulpwood Queen is FINALLY graduating from college! What began at the age of 17 in 1974 when I began my college studies at Kansas State University continued with further studies at Emporia State University, Grossmont College, Panola College, Texarkana College, Texas A & M University, ends decades later on December 15, 2017 as I walk the stage to receive my diploma for B.F.A in Studio Arts, minor in Art History at The University of Texas at Tyler. Now that’s a sentence and now that I have reached this day I am celebrating being a lifelong learner BIG TIME!
You too can watch this momentous occasion too at https://www.uttyler.edu/commencement/. But better yet, join my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club and help me continue my mission of helping to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading. It is only $25 a year at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com that renews itself annually. Best money I have ever spent has been on books. Reading and educating yourself is not only the best thing you can do for you but for the world. We can change through education. I am a better person because I am a reader. The example you will set for others will create a “ripple in the pond” effect to being the change you want to see. Last a big shout out to my fellow art students, the outstanding staff and professors at The University of Texas Art Department, especially Dr. Abhidya Ghuge, who got us all through our Senior Exhibition and Michelle Taff, our Curator Director. I have made some friends for a lifetime and of course to all of you for your financial and spiritual support as I navigate the last chapter in my book of life. I am eternally grateful.
So my TIARA tonight will be my cap and gown, let my journey continue.
Next up, I am now featuring an author and their book every time I blog to help even more authors get discovered in a big way. So today’s feature is Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg of “Eden”. Be sure and check out her book. Great cover, don’t you think!
- Breaking News! The 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend is Back Home In Jefferson, Texas! - October 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger, Author Camille Di Maio! - October 15, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS! The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW VENUE for 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - October 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Now Accepting Bids for 2020 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - September 30, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Beginning to See the Fruits of her Book Clubs “Literacy” Promoting Labors! - September 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be featured in New magazine, FENCEPOST! - September 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Declares Happy Book Birthday to OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - September 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces, “I’m going to be a grandma, call me Mama Kat! - September 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is an Artist Sharing my Joy of Painting with all of YOU! - September 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Poet, Tim Conroy Will do a Special Presentation at our 2019 Girlfriend Weekend! - September 6, 2018