Dear Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Family, and Friends!
The biggest day of my life has arrived. The Pulpwood Queen is FINALLY graduating from college! What began at the age of 17 in 1974 when I began my college studies at Kansas State University continued with further studies at Emporia State University, Grossmont College, Panola College, Texarkana College, Texas A & M University, ends decades later on December 15, 2017 as I walk the stage to receive my diploma for B.F.A in Studio Arts, minor in Art History at The University of Texas at Tyler. Now that’s a sentence and now that I have reached this day I am celebrating being a lifelong learner BIG TIME!
You too can watch this momentous occasion too at https://www.uttyler.edu/commencement/. But better yet, join my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club and help me continue my mission of helping to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading. It is only $25 a year at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com that renews itself annually. Best money I have ever spent has been on books. Reading and educating yourself is not only the best thing you can do for you but for the world. We can change through education. I am a better person because I am a reader. The example you will set for others will create a “ripple in the pond” effect to being the change you want to see. Last a big shout out to my fellow art students, the outstanding staff and professors at The University of Texas Art Department, especially Dr. Abhidya Ghuge, who got us all through our Senior Exhibition and Michelle Taff, our Curator Director. I have made some friends for a lifetime and of course to all of you for your financial and spiritual support as I navigate the last chapter in my book of life. I am eternally grateful.
So my TIARA tonight will be my cap and gown, let my journey continue.
Next up, I am now featuring an author and their book every time I blog to help even more authors get discovered in a big way. So today’s feature is Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg of “Eden”. Be sure and check out her book. Great cover, don’t you think!
- The Pulpwood Queen Post Highlights of our Bohemian Rhapsody Girlfriend Weekend 2018! - January 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Our Pulpwood Queen Books of the Year and more Awards! - January 15, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen On The Road Again to our 18th Annual Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - January 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Explains the BIG PICTURE on our Annual Girlfriend Weekend 2018! - January 9, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks About Playing Dress Up! - January 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Offers a Special Thanks to Simon & Schuster Publishers! - January 5, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Speaks of her favorite charity, The Pat Conroy Literacy Center! - January 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Reflects on the Ripple in the Pond! - January 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Asks “Do You Believe in Magic?” - December 31, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen has Change Ups for Lineup on Girlfriend Weekend 2018! - December 27, 2017