Dear Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys, book lovers, and readers everywhere,
Ah, the great mystery of life! This past weekend I have been on several missions. First, to get a good bit of my artwork out of my house into my NEW studio and second, so I can have some room to think. Who in the world am I? That takes a good amount of time and it ended up being a whole lot time and a good amount of hard, physical work moving a bookcase, ceramics, artwork and more trying to figure out that burning question, just who am I? During this time I had a whole lot of time to think about things, I know that I am your Queen, your fearless book leader! I just pray to God that like the Queen in the Wonderland books, I can keep my temper and wits about me. I have come to the conclusion even though many of you would disagree is that I am perhaps in truth a lone wolf. I like being by myself working on things. I never worked harder than this weekend as the rest of the time I became lost in doing papers and PowerPoint Presentations. Always late, for a very important date.. but I digress.
I also realized I was very happy, even perhaps euphoric rambling in my thoughts and actions. Right now I am taking a break after this incredibly fruitful and productive day into night to write this blog but I can hardly wait to get back to this research for my Theory and Research Methods in Art History Class. I actually love finding out things, answers to questions that are constantly popping up in my head. I am learning so much, but time gets away from me. So like the Alice in Wonderland quote from above I have begun to think am I really more like the white rabbit?
Time does just get away from me. But am I the only one who lives by giving book references? Even in my art, I have come to realize that everything I create comes directly from all the books I have read that have left a huge impression on me like Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland”. I also happen to think that is a really good thing. So during this break from homework, I took the time to enjoy my constant cup of coffee, yes, I get tired, coffee keeps me going. And my treat, some Vanilla fudge that my dear friend and client, Daphne Hatcher brought me back from Scotland. I took the time to savor a piece which brings me to this quote…
Then again, I always trying to wrestle with time, it’s a slippery little fellow. What I really need is some magic to deal with my time issue.
On to a NEW day to yet another page in The Pulpwood Queen book of life!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Alice in Wonderland sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
The Pulpwood Queen
- The Pulpwood Queen Says “Let me be like Scout”, from “To Kill a Mockingbird”! - February 21, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen On The Road with Tiajuana Anderson Neel Promoting Literacy! - February 20, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Has First Solo Exhibition titled “Bookland”! - February 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares all the Good News! - February 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Now Fascinated With History! - February 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Art as Portals Into Your Own Imaginations To Make NEW Discoveries! - January 25, 2018
- ATTENTION! The Pulpwood Queen Announces a Really Big Contest, The Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Roundup to Girlfriend Weekend 2019! - January 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW Co-Host for Girlfriend Weekend 2019, Author, REAVIS Z. WORTHAM! - January 23, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces 2018 Book Club Selections, so far… - January 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Asks “Can I get a Witness?” - January 18, 2018