Dear Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club members and dear, dear friends and encouragers everywhere!
Just like the Buddy Holly “Everyday”, ( that was one of my father’s favorites), “Everyday”, I have had a series of ups and downs in my life.. My down being having to start over my life again in my late 50’s. I got kicked to the curb my friends. But I just brushed off my bruised ego and jumped back on the horse to ride, ride, ride and went back to college at 59. My up was graduating from The University of Texas at Tyler, Texas Magna Cum Laude with a B.F.A in Studio Art and a minor in Art History. So I begin my life again as an artist, which was my lifelong dream to begin with, it just took this roller coaster ride and 43 years to get there.
Yes, being an artist, besides all the other things I do that I have a passion for like my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs, is now my full time career. It’s not easy but I am not afraid to throw everything I have into something that I am passionate about in life.
So first my paintings, they are for purchase and I create them to sell them. I have been posting them on Social Media. Have them in gallery setting at Stephanie Chance’s Decorate Ornate in Gladewater, Texas and now looking for other galleries and venues. Here are a few of my works! All Alcohol and India Inks are on Museum Gesso board below, some with found objects, and others with my ceramics. They are currently on exhibition at The Whatley Center and Gallery at Northeast Texas Community College in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
Next up are three of my Alcohol Ink works that I love, the top painting just sold to New York Times Bestselling Author, M.J. Rose.
These are just a few of my works, all can be seen on my Kathy L. Murphy Artist Facebook page and many you can see the process in action. I also have started another great art adventure in Fashion and Home design by placing my artworks on items to wear and on accents for your home. Go to www.ShopVida.com and type in the Search box, ThePulpwoodQueen to see all my designs from clothing to purses to pillows to glass trays and even paintings that will be more affordable than the originals. But believe you me the originals are for sale too, all you have to do is email me your interest to email@example.com.
Here are a few of my ShopVida Home and Fashion artwork designs and for each title of work their are a series of Home and Fashions items featuring that artwork:
Now I am going to be adding more paintings to the ShopVida site as these prints are more affordable for all of you and if there is a particular painting you would like featured in a particular item, let me create that item for YOU!
Thank you for supporting me as an artist and here is my Artist Statement so you can understand where all of these artworks are coming from as I create and paint!
Kathy L. Murphy
P.O. Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765 – 1220 firstname.lastname@example.org Artist Statement
A chimerical landscape is created not of what has been seen but of what is in one’s mind. My desire is for the viewer to escape the real world and be transported and transformed to other worlds using their own life’s experiences, their own imaginations, and their own stories. Alcohol and India ink paintings create an atmosphere for the three dimensional ceramics placed alongside the ceramics and found objects. The relationship of the painting, ceramics, and objects serve as a portal for the viewer to use their own imagination to make new discoveries.
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Art Sharing
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
Official website: www.thepulpwoodqueens.com
P.S. You can also find my artwork on special page I created on my Kathy L. Murphy Facebook site titled thepulpwoodqueen.
- Breaking News! The 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend is Back Home In Jefferson, Texas! - October 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger, Author Camille Di Maio! - October 15, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS! The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW VENUE for 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - October 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Now Accepting Bids for 2020 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - September 30, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Beginning to See the Fruits of her Book Clubs “Literacy” Promoting Labors! - September 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be featured in New magazine, FENCEPOST! - September 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Declares Happy Book Birthday to OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - September 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces, “I’m going to be a grandma, call me Mama Kat! - September 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is an Artist Sharing my Joy of Painting with all of YOU! - September 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Poet, Tim Conroy Will do a Special Presentation at our 2019 Girlfriend Weekend! - September 6, 2018