I am a lifelong learner. I learned something pretty big this summer when I took the ultimate road trip to Westport, Connecticutt and back, that when you face your fears, something great comes from that plan of action. I sold a painting, a HUGE painting. After doing the math on what it would take me to pack and ship this painting to the client I dreamed, I thought in my dreams, what if I just delivered it in person. I woke up and knew I had to do that so I put on my thinking cap and thought, what is the best way to utilize the time it will take me to get up there and back. So I sent a message out of what I was doing and the invites to stop by and visit my Pulpwood Queen Book clubs, my fearless leaders, my authors and artist friends came pouring in. Working on writing that chapter in my up and coming book, so stay tuned. I also learned that taking that leap of faith would jumpstart my new career as an artist has proved so fruitful, I am planning more trips. So expect lots of FaceTime videos and blog reports from those endeavors.
But this week, I am on the road and just arrived last night in Birmingham, Alabama. I stopped once in West Monroe, to visit one of my dearest friends and now one of most ardent art patrons, Margie Dilday. She not only has purchased a lot of my artwork but now has commissioned me to do a “Queen” portrait of her. Here are some photos of my art in her home and art she purchased from the trip we went on to Italy with Stephanie Chance’s Decorate Ornate.
I also wanted to take some photographs of Margie for the painting I will be starting soon and just a couple candid shots, here’s one.
I have a kazillion photos of Margie Dilday through the years but here is the outfit she wanted to wear to inspire me for the painting, it’s a lovely smokey blue with matching hat and she even had on deep smokey blue Victorian lace up boots. Then her husband Thad and Margie decided to take me to lunch and did we ever!
You all it does not get any better than this so on the road again to Birmingham.
I arrived and the last time I was here was for the film festival, it was my birthday. My whole family came and seriously will never forget the fun times we had but then tragedy hit. During the opening of the last film of the weekend, we got the call. My father in law had died. You do not forget these things and haven’t I told you life changing events always happen on my birthday of August 27th.
Happier times now as I had a terrific night’s sleep, deep dark black coffee coursing through my overtired body, I am ready for the day. Here is what I awoke to in the wonderful home of artist, Melanie Sanderson Morris and her husband, author, Michael Morris. I have to tell you this is my ‘forever’ family. I call them my “book” family and could not love more this younger brother and sister.
So now jumping up to get my paint clothes on as attending artist Melanie Sanderson Morris TREES Workshop at Alabama Art Supply and seventeen signed up for this venture today and tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Reporting from Birmingham, Alabama, so more later. Now enjoy this beautiful photo of Alabama!
Life is Good when you take those leaps of faith and become a life long learner! Read! Paint! Explore! Go! Live your life to the fullest and go after what you really want to do in life. Use those gifts and talents and be FEARLESS! Singing, “I am a warrior!”
Tiara Wearing, and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Artist/Author/The Pulpwood Queen
Shop The Pulpwood Queen art inspired fashions at www.ShopVida.com/collections/thepulpwoodqueen
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces Author/Designer, Phebe Phillips and Mac Hargrove AND MORE BREAKING NEWS! - August 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be be featured in the book, “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - August 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen says, “If a picture is a thousand words, I say here is a whole tome!” - August 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Big REVEAL! Check out the Inside of my NEW GLAMPER! - August 9, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces You to Mark, my New GLAMPER! - August 7, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Plans her Birthday Bash at Tyler State Park in Tyler, Texas And You Are Invited! - August 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Yesterday Had a “Thelma and Louise” Moment! - August 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Winner of Drawing for a FREE Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Package! - August 1, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces a 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Giveaway! - July 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing , Book Sharing Guide to Life NEW Edition! - July 27, 2018