Dear Pulpwood Queens, Timber Guys, Book Club Members, Readers!
Since Girlfriend Weekend it has been a whirlwind of activity but I have some exciting news to report! We have a brand spanking NEW Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club chapter, The Pulpwood Queens of Collin County, Texas which is Frisco, Plano, and McKinney, Texas area. See photo below of the beginning chapter.
Now, none of this would have ever happened if not for Tijuana telling her friends, Debbie and Gary Roper, owners of the Red Gate Inn Bed and Breakfast in McKinney, Texas all about us as now they wanted to start a chapter! Photo below of Tijuana and the Ropers and their darling B & B!
We all have a blast and had some already Pulpwood Queens join us in the Dallas area, Tonni Callen, Laura Krueger, and Barbara Katz and then all brand new ones including two men. Author and Editor of the month, Susan Cushman, Facetimed in for a wonderful discussion of her two books, “A Second Blooming” and “Cherry Bomb”!
We are off to a great start with Queen Debbie Roper and her fantabulous husband, Gary. The attention to detail at this bed and breakfast is amazing and as a former bed and breakfast owner, I do know what I am talking about. The food was divine from the homemade potato soup, cornbread muffins, petite frostings brownies with raspberries and the lemon scones for breakfast were to die for. Debbie and Gary’s place I would highly recommend, FIVE DIAMONDS IN THE PULPWOOD QUEEN TIARA! For more information on Debbie’s NEW chapter and to stay go to:
101 Year old home with three large guest suites with private baths. Formal 4 course breakfast. You will love Debbie’s…
- Open 24 Hours
- (214) 620-5565
- 811 N Church St, McKinney, TX 75069
More to come this week on Tiajuana and I coming back to the Red Gate Inn Bed & Breakfast, April 13th – 14th, as I will be one of the featured authors/artists at SHARLA’s Boutique on the downtown square in McKinney, Texas for their ART IN BLOOM EVENT! Now check out the Easter hats Tiajuana and I purchased at SHARLA’s or Kentucky Derby here we come!
Tiara Wearing and Book Club and Bed and Breakfast Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys REading Nation
The official website, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com and all my social media posts are posted their daily to READ ALL ABOUT IT!
P.S. Today’s featured author is also a photographer/blogger, Annette Gendler, check out her website at www.annettegendler.com and she’s on Facebook too. Featuring her book, “Jumping Over Shadows: A Memoir”.
“In this extraordinary work, Annette Gendler illuminates the borders and meeting points between Judaism and Christianity, Germans and Jews, American Jews and Israeli Jews. Writing with eloquent precision, she reminds us why converts to Judaism are among the most precious gifts to the Jewish people. This book confirms Annette Gendler as an indispensable Jewish voice for our time.”
- The Pulpwood Queen Headed to Westport, Connecticut on “Warrior Goddess” Art and Fashion Book Tour! - June 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Stops on Tour to Visit The Pulpwood Queen of Bristol, Virginia! - June 16, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Arrived in Memphis/Collier!ville, Tennessee to Visit Artist, Alisa Free! - June 15, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Hits the Road on her “Warrior Goddess” Pop-Up Art & Fashion Book Tour! - June 14, 2018
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author Ends Her East Texas Tour in Tyler, Texas! - June 14, 2018
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author of the Month Draws a Big Crowd on East Texas Tour! - June 12, 2018
- 2019 Working Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend, January 17 – 19, 2019! - June 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen “Warrior Goddess” Pop-Up Art and Fashion Show Book Tour! - May 30, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Remembers Jane Ryder! - May 28, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Has a Scathingly Brilliant Idea! - May 27, 2018