With nearly 60 hours of driving, over 3,000 miles visiting Pulpwood Queens, traveling 11 states from Holly Lake Ranch, Texas to Westport, Connecticut to visit our book club authors and artist friends, The Pulpwood Queen is weary but her heart is full to bursting. Tiajuana Anderson Neel and I have had an excellent Pulpwood Queen Pop-Up “Warrior Goddess” Art and Fashion Book Tour! We have renewed friendships to last a lifetime, shown our art and fashions,delivered commissioned paintings and sold more, and will be announcing soon my relaunch of my first book, “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life” by NOW Kathy L. Murphy, (back to writing in my maiden name). Here is the book cover of the relaunch of my book, with my own original art! Hope you like it!
We seriously have had the time of our life but time to get back home and go to work. I have now four commisioned artworks to begin, the opportunity to apply for an art fellowship and possible gallery show, and then we have our Runway at the Garden Fashion Show in Gladewater, Texas this coming Thursday.
I will also be featured in the Cole Art Center in Nacogdoches, 12″ by 12″ Exhibition coming up in July 14th.
Last, again I will be featured August 12th, at the Artwalk in Gladewater, Texas at Stephanie Chance’s Decorate Ornate.
This has been one busy summer indeed. Thank you to ALL who provided us grand food and shelter on our trip, your hospitality was outstanding, Alisa Free, Lisa T.Hodgson, Laurel Davis Huber, Prill Boyle, Melissa Conroy, Carolyn Turgeon, Kimberley Cetron, River Jordan, and Brenda McClain. You are my tribe and this whole trip will be the last chapter of the book I am working on now tentatively called, “The Pulpwood Queen Goes Back to School: My Continuing Guide to Life on being a Life-Long Learner! ” And to my dear friend and author, Robert Hicks and all the many NEW artists and friends, we met on our travels. One Long Chapter, but the real reason for our purpose in life, is to be in community with others, sharing our stories. Tiajuana and I have been blessed with safe travels and embraced in the arms of our wonderful Pulpwood Queens Book Club Reading Nation!
Last I huge thank you to Tiajuana Anderson Neel, we have laughed, about wet our pants more times than we care to mention, and had the bonding friendship time of our lives. Her husband told her, “Now you all don’t get into any fights!” We laughed our heads off on that one because we have our friendship down. I am the creative one and driver, she is the organizer and shotgun navigator, it just works! I could not have done this or driving through NEW YORK CITY without YOU! God Bless my dear, dear friend. Now you all just appreciate Tiajuana, she is the TOP DIAMOND in my CROWN for LIFE!
And don’t we all deserve to wear the CROWN? Won’t you join us at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com, click Membership at top of the page and it’s renewed annually, you receive an Official Membership Certificate, Membership Card, and one of our reads all for just $25.00, what a deal! Our reading list is up on our website too under Book Club Selections through the end of the year. Our 19th Girlfriend Weekend, January 17 – 19, 2019 is coming faster than a freight train and the price goes up August 1st, don’t delay! Click Girlfriend Weekend at top of the page to purchase your package NOW! And share the word, we have partnered with so many other reading groups, authors groups, and of course, our NEW Breathless Bubbles and Books which is the pairing our my Pulpwood Queen Official Selections with Breathless Wines in Napa Valley. Check out their Breathless Bubbles and Books Facebook page and do note we will have a panel at Girlfriend Weekend featuring these authors. More on Girlfriend Weekend when I get back but mark your calendar and make this book club reunion. Our book club is all about sharing our lives and stories through the reading great books!
God Bless You All and will be reporting soon back at Murphy’s Law!
- The Pulpwood Queen Heads Book Club Members Up, Moves Them out, RAWHIDE to East Texas! - December 17, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Sharing her LOVE for All Things Jason Momoa! - December 13, 2018
- 2019 Official Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Doing Multiple Literary Events starting TODAY! - November 15, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queens Talks About Newly Discovered Author/Poet Clifford Brooks and On The Road Again! - November 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Inspirations for our HOW THE WEST WAS WON themed 2019 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - November 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Tiajuana Anderson Neel is NEW Executive Director of The Pulpwood Queen Book Club Reading Nation! - October 31, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces BEST BOOKS TO HAVE READ FOR 2018! - October 27, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger and Author, Michelle Cox! - October 26, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen UPDATED Press Release for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Program! - October 21, 2018