Dear Readers and Art Lovers!
Kathy L. Murphy
P.O. Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765 – 1220
A chimerical landscape is created not of what has been seen but of what is in one’s mind. My desire is for the viewer to escape the real world and be transported and transformed to other worlds using their own life’s experiences, their own imaginations, and their own stories. Alcohol and India ink paintings create an atmosphere for the three-dimensional ceramics placed alongside the ceramics and found objects. The relationship of the painting, ceramics, and objects serve as a portal for the viewer to use their own imagination to make new discoveries.
Here are the events that I will be featured at, so far, for 2018:
February 5 – February 28, 2018
Northeast Texas Community College
“Bookland” Art and Exhibition for Kathy L. Murphy
February 13th, Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. Gallery Talk
Saturday, March 3, Evening of the Arts at The Mt. Pleasant Public Library, Mt. Pleasant, Texas, details T.B.A.
Monday, March 14th, Writers’ Building at TAMU Commerce, Texas at 1:30 p.m. Kathy L. Murphy Speaking Engagement, details T.B.A.
I mostly do paintings and ceramics and sometimes combine the two create my other worlds. I will be posting my ceramics a bit late but in the meantime,here are some of the recent Alcohol and India Ink Paintings that I have entered into Juried Art Exhibitions recently in Texas:
“Caddo Jungle” by Kathy L. Murphy “Peridot” by Kathy L. Murphy “Rainbow Tourmaline” by Kathy L. Murphy “Raspberry Tourmaline” by Kathy L. Murphy “Rainbow Tourmaline Escape” by Kathy L. Murphy “Almadine” by Kathy L. Murphy
And here is my absolute favorite combined Alcohol and India Ink painting with ceramics!
Now it is time to get to back to work on some more paintings!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Art Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Artist/Author and Founder of The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
- The Pulpwood Queen Declares Happy Book Birthday to OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - September 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces, “I’m going to be a grandma, call me Mama Kat! - September 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is an Artist Sharing my Joy of Painting with all of YOU! - September 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Poet, Tim Conroy Will do a Special Presentation at our 2019 Girlfriend Weekend! - September 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Morning Musing Since Turning 62! - August 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates On Our Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend And Featuring New Author Discoveries! - August 22, 2018
- Updates from The Pulpwood Queen on Author/Designer, Phebe Phillips and Mac Hargrove AND MORE BREAKING NEWS! - August 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be be featured in the book, “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - August 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen says, “If a picture is a thousand words, I say here is a whole tome!” - August 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Big REVEAL! Check out the Inside of my NEW GLAMPER! - August 9, 2018