I would like to share this story of my SHE-roe, Alma E. Tippins, otherwise known as Alligator Annie. She came into my world when I first opened my Beauty and the Book in Jefferson, Texas back in 2000. You see Annie had written some children’s poetry books, self-published, and dressed as an alligator. She would do presentations as her persona, Alligator Annie.
Her enthusiasm is infectious. My children loved her, all the children who came to our event loved her, shoot I loved her. She came to my last year’s Girlfriend Weekend and said, “Remember me?” You bet I did and you know I just love it when ordinary people living ordinary lives do extraordinary things. Alma or Annie, as I call her, runs Alligator Annie’s Septic business. But she has touched many lives with her joy for life and not letting things like age stop her from doing anything. She is not the oldest to zipline as that record goes to an 88-year-old but gosh darn it, she did it! I am inspired to do the same!
Here are her words of that experience: Zip lining guys wanted to be my “Men of the Day”. I’m not the oldest person to zip line. An 88 year old guy gets the honor. Beautiful day to zip through the treetops! Third time I’ve done this. Once with 2 granddaughters in New York, Texas. Once at Palo Duro Canyon in the Panhandle and today in Nacogdoches, Tx. With my granddaughter Jasmine and her friends for her 16th birthday. We all survived and enjoyed Zip Nac.
So today I declare Alligator Annie Queen for a Day and hope you will be inspired by her story, she’s on Facebook, and send her a HOWDY via the Pulpwood Queen! I choose to celebrate the people I have met through my book travels that put a positive spin on life! Won’t you by sharing this post! So keep on keeping on Alligator Annie and hope to see you soon again in Nacogdoches, Texas!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, Book and SHE-roe sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
P.S. Here is a post photo taken from her Alma E. Tippins Facebook page that says it all!
- The Pulpwood Queen To Graduate from College! It’s OFFICIAL! - November 19, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcome Guest Blogger/ Author Judithe Little! - November 17, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen welcomes Guest Blogger/Author, Steve Wiegenstein! - November 14, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen speaks of inspirational SHE-roes! - October 22, 2017
- The Pulpwoods Queens, Louisiana Book Festival & Girlfriend Weekend featured in The Shreveport Times! - October 20, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queens shares The Pat Conroy Literacy Festival! - October 8, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen has added MORE AUTHORS to Girlfriend Weekend 2018 - October 6, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen to be featured at Louisiana Book Festival, October 28th, 2017! - October 4, 2017
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author CLEA SIMON’S Life Lessons from her CAT! - October 3, 2017
- The Heroine’s Journey of Kathy L. Murphy by Peter de Kuster - October 2, 2017