Attention Pulpwood Queens, Timber Guys, our authors, and book lovers everywhere!
For those that know me, know that I worshipped author, Pat Conroy. His books made me realize that I was not alone and to be able to call him my friend, was my greatest joy. I will miss him forever. But in the meantime, he lives on at the PAT CONROY LITERARY FESTIVAL! If you ever want to attend something besides Girlfriend Weekend, this is it! So many of our Pulpwood Queen Book Club authors are being featured but better yet, new ones to discover, all with the PAT CONROY Stamp of Approval. It is on my Bucket List to attend this event but alas, finishing my senior semester at The University of Texas at Tyler so not in the cards for me this year. But if you can go and represent The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs, I would be so ever endeared to you forever! Wear your TIARAS proudly and know that Pat Conroy told me personally that the Pulpwood Queens revived his spirit for those supporting the written word. So crowning you who can go ambassadors for the Pulpwood Queen Reading Nation. Let us support one of our favorite authors’ vision that literacy is one of the most important things in the world, right there with food, water, shelter, all our basic needs! Look Homeward Angel to one of the best book festivals in the country that is guiding our way in promoting literacy! Here are the keys to Pat Conroy’s kingdom, the transformative power of education!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Pat Conroy Literacy Center and Festival Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
Tickets for the Pat Conroy Literary Festival are now on sale online through the USCB Center for the Arts Box Office at https://
www.uscbcenterforthearts.co m/pat-conroy-festival. We look forward to seeing everyone in Beaufort this October 19-22 when we celebrate the Transformative Power of Education!
- The Pulpwood Queens shares The Pat Conroy Literacy Festival! - October 8, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen has added MORE AUTHORS to Girlfriend Weekend 2018 - October 6, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen to be featured at Louisiana Book Festival, October 28th, 2017! - October 4, 2017
- Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author CLEA SIMON’S Life Lessons from her CAT! - October 3, 2017
- The Heroine’s Journey of Kathy L. Murphy by Peter de Kuster - October 2, 2017
- Pulpwood Queen Author, Susan Schild has some great advice! - October 1, 2017
- Big News for Pulpwood Queen Author, Bren McClain! - September 30, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen has lost her Kitten, Churchie! - September 25, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen READS BANNED BOOKS! - September 22, 2017
- The Pulpwood Queen has a Royal Request! - September 20, 2017