Author Leila Meacham
Leila Meacham is a writer and former teacher who lives in San Antonio, Texas. She is the author of the bestselling novels Roses, Somerset and Tumbleweeds.
At the height of WWII, five idealistic young Americans receive a mysterious letter from the OSS, asking them if they are willing to fight for their country. The men and women from very different backgrounds – a Texan athlete with German roots, an upper-crust son of a French mother and a wealthy businessman, a dirt-poor Midwestern fly fisherman, an orphaned fashion designer, and a ravishingly beautiful female fencer – all answer the call of duty, but each for a secret reason of his or her own. They bond immediately, in a group code-named Dragonfly.
Soon after their training, they are dropped behind enemy lines and take up their false identities, isolated from one another except for a secret drop-box, but in close contact with the powerful Nazi elite who have Paris under siege.
Thus begins a dramatic and riveting cat-and-mouse game, as the young Americans seek to stay under the radar until a fatal misstep leads to the capture and the firing-squad execution of one of their team. But…is everything as it seems, or is this one more elaborate act of spycraft?
- Author of the Month – September 2020 - September 1, 2020
- September 2020 Bonus Books - September 1, 2020
- New Pulpwood Authors – September 2020 - September 1, 2020
- Author of the Month – August 2020 - August 2, 2020
- New Pulpwood Authors – August 2020 - August 2, 2020
- August 2020 Bonus Books - August 2, 2020
- Meeting the Pulpwood Queen By Jax Frey - July 5, 2020
- New Pulpwood Authors – July 2020 - July 4, 2020
- Author of the Month – July 2020 - July 2, 2020
- July Bonus Books - July 2, 2020