Author Leila Meacham
Leila Meacham is a writer and former teacher who lives in San Antonio, Texas. She is the author of the bestselling novels Roses, Somerset and Tumbleweeds.
At the height of WWII, five idealistic young Americans receive a mysterious letter from the OSS, asking them if they are willing to fight for their country. The men and women from very different backgrounds – a Texan athlete with German roots, an upper-crust son of a French mother and a wealthy businessman, a dirt-poor Midwestern fly fisherman, an orphaned fashion designer, and a ravishingly beautiful female fencer – all answer the call of duty, but each for a secret reason of his or her own. They bond immediately, in a group code-named Dragonfly.
Soon after their training, they are dropped behind enemy lines and take up their false identities, isolated from one another except for a secret drop-box, but in close contact with the powerful Nazi elite who have Paris under siege.
Thus begins a dramatic and riveting cat-and-mouse game, as the young Americans seek to stay under the radar until a fatal misstep leads to the capture and the firing-squad execution of one of their team. But…is everything as it seems, or is this one more elaborate act of spycraft?
- New Pulpwood Authors – February 2021 - February 1, 2021
- February 2021 – Author of the Month - February 1, 2021
- February 2021 Bonus Books - February 1, 2021
- New Pulpwood Authors – January 2021 - January 5, 2021
- January 2021 – Authors of the Month - January 1, 2021
- January 2021 Bonus Books - January 1, 2021
- 10 Books to Inspire You to Write Your Own - January 1, 2021
- 2021 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Virtual Online Zoomathon - December 2, 2020
- Author of the Month – December 2020 - December 2, 2020
- December 2020 Bonus Books - December 1, 2020