Attention all Pulpwood Queens Author Members!
We have been receiving inquiries about how much would it cost to add book promotions inside our monthly newsletter.
Our newsletter is meant to be about news and announcements so we do not want to bloat that email with book promotions outside of the Author of the Month’s book promotion.
We have hundreds of author members so it can quickly get out of control with the promotions in that email.
However, we have decided to send out a second email every month with all the book promotions inside a comprehensive email.
If we compile all the promotions in a singular email, we can avoid spamming our members with promotional emails all month.
Requirements for the Promotion
1) You must handle your book promotion as we will not be running any promotions for any authors.
2) Please be clear as to what the promotion entails and what our members are required to do in order to participate in the promotion.
3) Be clear on what the prize or prizes are (if any) and how they would receive those prizes if won.
4) Please do not ask our members to buy your book in order to participate in your promotion.
5) If the promotion is a giveaway/contest please adhere to state and federal laws for sweepstakes and contests.
6) Our community of Pulpwood Queens is devoted and loyal fans of our pulpwood authors so please do not over-promise what you cannot deliver and be fair and transparent in how winners are chosen in any giveaway/contest.
* We have the right to refuse any promotion that we do not deem suitable to send to our members.
* We have the right to refuse any promotion for any reason at our discretion.
Who is eligible to send out a promotion?
Only authors who have joined the Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club as an Author Member can post their promotions in the email mailout.
We will only be sending out One promotional email on or soon after the 15th of every month. If you do not get your promotion to us by the 15th and we send out the email, you will have to wait until the next month to send your promotion out.
Order of the Promotions in the Mailout
Just so that there is no confusion as to the order of the promotions in that email, we want to specify as clearly as possible how we will order the promotions.
So please do not contact us complaining that your promotion is not first in the email.
1. If the Author of the Month has a book promotion and they want to add the promotion to the mailout, they will be able to do so (Free of Charge) and will be the first promotion in the mailout.
2. If any of the other Authors of the Month have a promotion, they will be next in the promotions email.
- Only the current month’s Author of the Month will be able to post their promotion Free of Charge.
3. If any “Bonus Books” authors have a promotion, they will be next in line.
4. All other Pulpwood Author Members will be next in the order we receive them.
So just to summarize that, we prioritize the order in the mailout according to Book Club Selections first and Pulpwood Author members second. The current author of the month has the first spot followed by any other author of the month. Then the bonus books selections have the next priority followed by Pulwood Author members who are not book club selections in a first come first serve order.
Pricing on the Mailout:
We will keep the price in proportion to the size of the email list. We recently just started our email list a year ago so we are still in the process of contacting older members who joined the book club in the past 20 years. So the email list will continue to grow over time with new members and recapturing old members.
The cost of the promotion is $25 per every 500 subscribers on the list. We will always round down the total number of the list to the lowest 500 subscriber level to compensate for email open rates.
If our email list is 800 subscribers, we would round down to 500 subscribers and charge $25 for the promotion.
If our email list is 1,900 subscribers, we would round down to 1,500 subscribers and charge $75 for the promotion.
If our email list is 2,499 subscribers, we would round down to 2,000 subscribers and charge $100 for the promotion.
As of April 6th, 2020 the price to send out a book promotion is $25.
If you are interested in adding a promotion to the Promotions mailout, send an email to email@example.com and let us know what promotion you have and that you would like to purchase a spot in that email.