No matter where I go, I always bring back something that reminds me of that trip. Above, these are little raku ceramic pots that I have picked up from galleries and museums that I have visited all in my little cabin in the woods, Murphy’s Law as I “Feather My Nest”.
This is an African doll that I picked up at the Chicago Art Institute on one of my visits that I have had now for over 25 years.
I often go to estate sales and find the most incredible art work .
My travels have taken to wonderful places like the American palace, The Biltmore, just a few of the things that I picked up from that incredible travel experience.
I also have collected dolls from everywhere I been in the country and out! Every year at Christmas time I decorate my Christmas tree with all the dolls from all over the world and my Christmas ornament collection from around the world too.
But the most precious thing I own is this bottle of dirt that I dug up with my cousin Terry Pursell at my grandparents home place that we called “Outhome” out past Eureka Lake in the Flinthills about 8 or 9 miles from my hometown Eureka, Kansas It’s to remind me of where I come from and has no value other than to me of which it is priceless.
How do you “Feather Your Nest”? Each item in my Murphy’s Law has a story. In fact, my every changing gallery of a home is my every changing and growing story. As I have always said, “My life is an open book.” I hope you will read it!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Artist/Author/Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs and Author of “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life”
Director of Acquisitions of Lucid House Publishing
P.O. Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765 – 1220
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks about Creating and Sharing BEAUTY! - August 20, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021