No matter where I go, I always bring back something that reminds me of that trip. Above, these are little raku ceramic pots that I have picked up from galleries and museums that I have visited all in my little cabin in the woods, Murphy’s Law as I “Feather My Nest”.
This is an African doll that I picked up at the Chicago Art Institute on one of my visits that I have had now for over 25 years.
I often go to estate sales and find the most incredible art work .
My travels have taken to wonderful places like the American palace, The Biltmore, just a few of the things that I picked up from that incredible travel experience.
I also have collected dolls from everywhere I been in the country and out! Every year at Christmas time I decorate my Christmas tree with all the dolls from all over the world and my Christmas ornament collection from around the world too.
But the most precious thing I own is this bottle of dirt that I dug up with my cousin Terry Pursell at my grandparents home place that we called “Outhome” out past Eureka Lake in the Flinthills about 8 or 9 miles from my hometown Eureka, Kansas It’s to remind me of where I come from and has no value other than to me of which it is priceless.
How do you “Feather Your Nest”? Each item in my Murphy’s Law has a story. In fact, my every changing gallery of a home is my every changing and growing story. As I have always said, “My life is an open book.” I hope you will read it!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Artist/Author/Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs and Author of “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life”
Director of Acquisitions of Lucid House Publishing
P.O. Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765 – 1220
- The Pulpwood Queen Has So Much to Share this Friday! - November 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Interviews Author, Jim Markam of “Big Lucky”! - November 15, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen has a Full Schedule of Events this Halloween Week! - October 26, 2020
- The Pulpwood Talks about one of her favorite films “Man’s Favorite Sport! - October 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her first book ever, “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”! - October 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Tonight’s Pre-Show Interview information for The Pulpwood Queen Film Club! - October 17, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Reads and Reviews, “A Dog’s Perfect Christmas”! - October 12, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Answers the Cry of the Meadowlark! - September 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Still Here, Make Each Day Count! - September 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces our Fall Line-up for Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club Authors Featured! - September 15, 2020