ATTENTION PULPWOOD QUEEN BOOK CLUB MEMBERS!
Just arrived back home after a whirlwind of road warrior driving to my 45th Class Reunion with my sister, Karen Penner to driving to North Dallas to visit my daughter, Helaina with my new grandson. He was trying out the New Amish child’s rocker my cousin, Cindy Saunders gave him!
Back home last night so this exciting news just in from Pulpwood Queen Author, Patricia V. Davis! Pulpwood Queens you just have to join me, Heidi Surber Teichgraeber, leader of my hometown Eureka, Kansas chapter and Sharon Feldt , editor in chief of Fencepost Magazine and who is the leader of my Sulphur Springs, Texas chapter are going and we are flying in to attend this event! Lots more surprises so stay tuned.
You may remember Pulpwood Queen Book Club Author Deeanne Gist who gave us a tour of the Biltmore years past where we dressed in vintage clothes and that was an event of a lifetime as we got to go places that most tourists never see from top to bottom and beyond and so another chance to do the same at The Queen Mary. This is a Pulpwood Queen endorsed event so if in the area authors, book club members, or like me, hopping on a Southwest flight to LAX, be there!
Here is the scoop so check it out from Patricia V. Davis to showcase yet another winning read as adding this now to my calendar of events!
And now for my WONDERFUL, AMAZING NEWS On November 2, The Queen Mary will be hosting a special Secret Spice Cafe Dinner and Tour. Here’s what’s happening:
1) We will be dining in one of their elegant, art deco salons on
a dinner prepared by the fabulous Queen Mary chefs. All the dishes are inspired by those mentioned in the novels. (Menu is below)
2) After dinner, Chris Perley, one of the fun and talented Queen Mary tour guides, will escort us through parts of the ship where action in the novels takes place. (Yes–REAL ship, therefore real places aboard the ship) What will we see? Apart from the magnificent Grand Salon, where the Art Deco Ball in Spells and Oregano takes place, we will be privy to areas not usually on the regular tours. (And don’t be surprised if you also get to meet some of the characters from the novels)
3) We’ll meet in the Observation Bar afterward for a Q&A and book signing. ALL attendees receive the final book in the trilogy–an exclusive sneak peek, since the book will not be released to the public until the end of November. I will sign the book for you if you like, and it’s yours to bring home. (See Observation Bar, below) You will also get to meet two very special, dynamic women who have been a major inspiration to me: June Allen, who was a WWII war bride who traveled to the United States from England with her infant son when she was eighteen years old. Her stories are amazing. And you will also meet the head of the largest book club in the country, The Pulpwood Queen herself, Kathy L. Murphy, who has incredible stories of her own. (Ask her about Joan Rivers and Pat Conroy, to start.) I am delighted that these two darling ladies are going to be there.
4) Her Majesty is offering DISCOUNTED room rates for those who wish to stay aboard overnight, and the ship is also donating five dollars of each ticket sold to the new Billie Jean King Long Beach Library. (I love them for doing this.)
The price for all this is 129 USD per person, and it includes all of the above. For special room rates exclusively for the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have purchased your ticket.
I am tagging my wish list of people I would LOVE to see there. if you can’t make it, don’t tell me in the comments. It will make me cry. But if you can be there, I don’t mind if you surprise me at the event. Below is the link to purchase tickets. Any questions, I am here to answer them. Expect to see this message more than once. I have a large wish list of people I want to see again or readers I would love to meet in person on this magnificent ship that was such an inspiration to me. I want you to celebrate this wonderful event with me. Oh, and if you won the photo contest, your photo(s) will be blown up and on display during the event.
LINK TO PURCHASE TICKETS:
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Has Breaking News! - February 8, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Press Release On All the Winners and Awards at our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend! - January 24, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Recognizes and Bows to the Feet of my Girlfriend Weekend Volunteers! - January 21, 2020
- Press Release on Announcing Official 2020 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections! - January 18, 2020
- Full Program on Press Release for 2020 Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Changes, A Very Happy New Year! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Congratulations to our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend Featured Authors! - December 5, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks About the Benefits of Traveling for Literary Adventures! - November 7, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Things to Know Before Boarding The Queen Mary! - October 18, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announcing Fall Calendar of Events! - September 16, 2019