Attention to all who love authors, books, literacy, and reading. I am now bidding out to any city or venue that would love to host my 20th Anniversary Pulpwood Queen Book Club Convention for Martin Luther King Weekend, January 16 – 18, 2020! This will be our biggest celebration ever of running the largest “meeting and discussing” book club in the world, hosted by our 760+ chapter Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation. Nearly 50 authors are featured including some of those from our past, New York Times Bestsellers, Fannie Flagg, Pat Conroy, Jamie Ford, Lisa Wingate, John Berendt, Alice Hoffman, Jeannette Walls and celebrities too such as Supermodel Paulina Portizkva, Rue McClanahan, Tina Sloan and all are invited to attend this largest book club convention in the world, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com.
My book club has been featured on Oprah’s OXYGEN NETWORK, The Oprah Winfrey Show, kicked off with Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gipson’s READ THIS BOOK CLUB on Good Morning America, been featured in numerous print media, The Houston Chronicle, The Dallas Morning News, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times. Southern Living, Newsweek, Time Magazines and more. I also was the host for The Beauty and the Book Show sponsored by Random House Publishing featuring authors, such as, Yann Martel, Anna Quindlin, Fannie Flagg, Frank DeLaney, Helen Simonson, Deborah Rodriguez, Karen Abbott, Susan Vreeland, Janelle Brown, Lisa See, Deborah Rodriguez, Pat Conroy, Paula McLain, and Melanie Benjamin.
A documentary was made of our Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend titled “FOR THE LOVE OF BOOKS” by filmmaker William Torgerson that was featured at film festivals and WON the Audience Choice Award at the Phenom International Film Festival in Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana.
For the past five years we have been in historic Nacogdoches, Texas and The Daily Sentinal posted on the front page after the first year there that The Pulpwood Queens Weekend brought in $250,000 in tourism revenues. We put “heads in beds”.
My book, “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life” by Kathy L. Murphy was optioned for film, “The Pulpwood Queen” by DreamWorks, screenplay by Clare Sera. Also just release are two other books that I am featured in: “Another Celebration of Words” by Kacey Kowars, foreward by Kathy L. Murphy and “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES: Writers Remember Pat Conroy” Edited by Nicole Seitz with Jonathan Haupt.
Currently, I am working on my continuing story since it’s publication to be tentatively called, “The Pulpwood Queen Goes Back to School”.
Send your proposal to Kathy L. Murphy, Founder of The Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guide Reading Nation, P. O. Box 1220, Hawkins, Texas 75765 by December 15, 2018.
- Update on Summer into Fall Pulpwood Queen Calendar of Events! - July 23, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces New Book COVER REVEAL! - July 12, 2019
- 20th Anniversary Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention Working Program! - July 1, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen New Calendar of Events Summer 2019! - June 5, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Guest Blogger, Carol Megathlin! - May 19, 2019
- UPDATE On The Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend TIAJUANA ANDERSON NEEL Scholarship! - April 29, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Spring Into Summer Events! - April 10, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Reporting from the Road on Yet another ROAD TRIP with Tiajuana! - February 14, 2019
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Announces Official 2019 Book Club Selections and More! - January 22, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen FINAL Press Release for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Program! - December 29, 2018