Author Judithe Little
Judithe is the author of two novels, The Chanel Sisters, to be released December 29, 2020, and Wickwythe Hall, award-winning historical fiction set during World War II.
She grew up in Virginia and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia. After studying at the Institute of European Studies and the Institut Catholique in Paris, France, and interning at the U.S. Department of State, she earned a law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law where she was on the Editorial Board of the Journal of International Law and a Dillard Fellow. She lives in Houston, Texas, with her husband and three children, where she is working on her third novel. When she’s not writing or practicing law, Judithe enjoys riding horses, reading, scouring the fields during Round Top Antiques Week, and volunteering.
The Chanel Sisters: A Novel
A novel of survival, love, loss, triumph—and the sisters who changed fashion forever
Antoinette and Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel know they’re destined for something better. Abandoned by their family at a young age, they’ve grown up under the guidance of nuns preparing them for simple lives as the wives of tradesmen or shopkeepers. At night, their secret stash of romantic novels and magazine cutouts beneath the floorboards are all they have to keep their dreams of the future alive.
The walls of the convent can’t shield them forever, and when they’re finally of age, the Chanel sisters set out together with a fierce determination to prove themselves worthy to a society that has never accepted them. Their journey propels them out of poverty and to the stylish cafés of Moulins, the dazzling performance halls of Vichy—and to a small hat shop on the rue Cambon in Paris, where a boutique business takes hold and expands to the glamorous French resort towns.
But the sisters’ lives are again thrown into turmoil when World War I breaks out, forcing them to make irrevocable choices, and they’ll have to gather the courage to fashion their own places in the world, even if apart from each other.
“The Chanel Sisters explores with care the timeless need for belonging, purpose, and love, and the heart’s relentless pursuit of these despite daunting odds. Beautifully told to the last page.” —Susan Meissner, bestselling author of The Last Year of the War
- Welcome to the September 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - September 5, 2021
- New Author Members – September 2021 - September 4, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: What You Want in a Story, I Want Too by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: THE ELUSIVE LITERARY AGENT by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- Welcome to the August 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - August 12, 2021
- New Author Members – August 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Welcome to the July 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - July 25, 2021
- New Author Members – July 2021 - July 9, 2021
- New Author Members – June 2021 - June 3, 2021
- June 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue - June 1, 2021