Author Grady Hendrix
The New York Times Best Seller
#1 April LibraryReads Pick
April Indie Next Pick
Goodreads Big Book of Spring
Steel Magnolias meets Dracula in this ’90s-set horror novel about a women’s book club that must do battle with a mysterious newcomer to their small Southern town, perfect for murderinos and fans of Stephen King.
Patricia Campbell’s life has never felt smaller. Her husband is a workaholic, her teenage kids have their own lives, her senile mother-in-law needs constant care, and she’s always a step behind on her endless to-do list. The only thing keeping her sane is her book club, a close-knit group of Charleston women united by their love of true crime. At these meetings they’re as likely to talk about the Manson family as they are about their own families.
One evening after book club, Patricia is viciously attacked by an elderly neighbor, bringing the neighbor’s handsome nephew, James Harris, into her life. James is well traveled and well read, and he makes Patricia feel things she hasn’t felt in years. But when children on the other side of town go missing, their deaths written off by local police, Patricia has reason to believe James Harris is more of a Bundy than a Brad Pitt. The real problem? James is a monster of a different kind—and Patricia has already invited him in.
Little by little, James will insinuate himself into Patricia’s life and try to take everything she took for granted—including the book club—but she won’t surrender without a fight in this blood-soaked tale of neighborly kindness gone wrong.
- Welcome to the September 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - September 5, 2021
- New Author Members – September 2021 - September 4, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: What You Want in a Story, I Want Too by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: THE ELUSIVE LITERARY AGENT by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- Welcome to the August 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - August 12, 2021
- New Author Members – August 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Welcome to the July 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - July 25, 2021
- New Author Members – July 2021 - July 9, 2021
- New Author Members – June 2021 - June 3, 2021
- June 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue - June 1, 2021