BONUS BOOKS OF THE MONTH
City of Peace
When Methodist minister Harley Camden loses his wife and daughter in a European terrorist attack, he spirals downward into grief and anger. The bishop forces him to move to a tiny church in small-town Occoquan, Virginia, to heal and recover. But all hope for serenity is quickly shattered by the mysterious murder of the daughter of the local Iraqi baker, followed by the threat of an attack by Islamic extremists. Harley tries to build bridges to his neighbors, including Muslims and Coptic Christians, and digs into the history of the ancient Galilean city of Sepphoris to find the secret to survival in a fractured and violent world. Past and present come together in surprising ways as Harley sets out to stop the violence and save his new flock. City of Peace is a gripping and fast-paced mystery that will engage people politically and spiritually, leaving them with fresh insight into how they can overcome polarizing divisions among people of differing cultures and faiths.
by Author Henry Briton
Click here to view the Book on Amazon
Louisiana Night Before Christmas
Down in the swamps of Louisiana, Papa Noël has a big problem. He’s hit his head and forgotten who he is. How will the good boys and girls of Louisiana get any presents this year? Mama Noël puts the animals to work alongside the elves to finish the toys and pack this bayou Santa’s unique sleigh. Working throughout the night, Mama and her krewe travel up and down the state, guided by levee bonfires. Mama’s team of animal helpers are rewarded for their hard work with some delicious local treats left out for Santa and his elves. Louisiana children and their parents will love this new holiday story filled with humorous references to what makes this time of year so special in Louisiana.
by Author Rickey E. Pittman
Click here to view his book on Amazon
Finding Deep and Wide: Stop Settling for the Life You Have and Live the One Jesus Died to Give You
~Are you exhausted by dutifully checking off a spiritual to-do list?
~Do you yearn for a more satisfying and joyful walk with Christ that feels less like hard work?Along comes a book daring us not to settle for anything less than the Bible promises. Let Shellie Rushing Tomlinson illuminate a path that leads you away from formulaic, duty-bound Christianity toward a deep and wide life spent joyfully surrendered to Jesus.
With her signature Southern warmth and humor and poignant storytelling, Shellie retells familiar Bible stories and recasts them in a grace-filled way that will help you see the life Jesus offers you so freely. Her honest, heartfelt, and often hilarious stories of family life in Louisiana reveal Shellie’s own journey from being a rule-following Christian to discovering “the joy of dying to all that trying.” In Finding Deep and Wide, Shellie invites you to stop trying to please God, and be beautifully transformed by Him instead.
Ideal for individual and group study, Finding Deep and Wide includes questions for reflection and growth at the end of each chapter.
- New Author Members – March 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Welcome to the March 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - March 7, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: The History and Inspiration behind the 1920s Novel:YOU BELONG HERE NOW by Author Dianna Rostad - February 23, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: You Belong Here Now by Author Dianna Rostad - February 21, 2023
- Welcome to the February 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - February 6, 2023
- New Author Members – February 2023 - February 5, 2023
- Welcome to the January 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - January 9, 2023
- New Author Members – January 2023 - January 9, 2023
- Welcome to the December 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - December 4, 2022
- New Author Members – December 2022 - December 1, 2022