A Blessed Life: One World War II Seabee’s Story
A Blessed Life – One World War II Seabee’s Story is the true account of Stuart McAnally, a 96 year-old veteran, and his experiences. McAnally tells of his journey from a peaceful farming community to the blood-stained beaches of Iwo Jima and how those experiences both challenged and changed him. Told by his daughter, this intriguing read is a true-to-life account of both the Great Depression and World War II era. Filled with heart-warming and sometimes tragic moments, A Blessed Life is a story for all generations to share and to treasure.
By Author Tamra Bolton
Coconut Island: A Hilo Bay Mystery
Investigative reporter Tawnie Takahashi is no stranger to mysteries, but can she handle one steeped in her own family’s history? A box of letters from a WWII soldier stationed on the Big Island is found at the Big Island Historical Society and unlocks painful memories for Tawnie’s Great Aunt Bee. Bee’s older sister was swept away in the 1946 tsunami, but now Wendy suspects she was murdered first. As she delves into the mystery, Tawnie meets a group of nonagenarians who were at the USO center on Coconut Island during the war. One is a hero. Another is a cold-blooded murderer.
This was previously published as a KW novella.
by Author Janet Oakley
Husbands and Other Sharp Objects: A Novel
A heartwarming, hilarious novel for anyone who has ever had a family, from the author of Lift and Separate.
After a lifetime of marriage, Marcy Hammer is ready to get herself unhitched—just as everyone else in her life is looking for a commitment. Her new boyfriend, Jon, wants to get serious, and her soon-to-be ex-husband, Harvey, is desperate to get back together. When her headstrong daughter announces a secret engagement to Harvey’s attorney, Marcy finds herself planning her daughter’s wedding as she plans her own divorce.
Now with two huge events on the horizon, the indomitable Marcy soon realizes that there’s nothing like a wedding to bring out the worst in everybody. From petty skirmishes over an ever-growing guest list to awkward confrontations with her sticky-fingered new in-laws, pulling off the wedding is going to be a challenge; seeing her divorce through is going to be a trial. And trying to make everyone happy might prove to be impossible—because in the end, Marcy alone must make a choice between something old and something new.
by Author Marilyn Simon Rothstein
- Welcome to the September 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - September 5, 2021
- New Author Members – September 2021 - September 4, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: What You Want in a Story, I Want Too by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- August 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Article: THE ELUSIVE LITERARY AGENT by Susan Wingate - August 12, 2021
- Welcome to the August 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - August 12, 2021
- New Author Members – August 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Welcome to the July 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - July 25, 2021
- New Author Members – July 2021 - July 9, 2021
- New Author Members – June 2021 - June 3, 2021
- June 2021 – Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue - June 1, 2021