Welcome Our New Pulpwood Authors!
Red Clay Suzie
Fueled by tomato sandwiches and green milkshakes, and obsessed with cars, Philbet struggles with life and love as a gay, physically-misshapen boy in rural Georgia.
He’s happiest when helping Grandaddy dig potatoes from the vegetable garden that connects their houses. But Philbet’s world is shattered and his resilience shaken by events that crush his innocence and sense of security; expose his physical deformity skillfully hidden behind shirts Mama makes for him at home on her Singer; and convince him that he’s not fit to be loved by Knox, the older boy he idolizes to distraction.
Over time, Philbet finds refuge in unexpected places and inner strength in unexpected ways, leading to a resolution from beyond the grave.
by Author Jeffrey Dale Lofton
Click here to visit his website
The Marsh Bird
Woven with murder, mystery, and magic, The Marsh Bird is a compelling story of a young, orphaned, multiracial girl from Louisiana and a white teen abandoned as an infant and raised by a local white fisherman, both embraced by the residents of a rural, Gullah Geechee sea island community. Set among descendants of those once enslaved in the lush marshes of the Lowcountry coast of South Carolina and Georgia, this is an unforgettable love story, and a tale of survival that proves it is the bonds of love and care that create a family.
by Author Anne Brooker James
Click here to visit her website
Find the Moon
Book Description: Kylie Briscoe’s mama is not just an addict; she’s also a dealer, and anytime she owes her uplines money, she offers them a “square deal”—she trafficked Kylie for sex—and she’s been doing so since Kylie was in middle school. Mama promised her she wouldn’t have to do it anymore, but Mama doesn’t have a great track record in the promise-keeping department.
If she’s lucky enough to be by a window when it happens, Kylie searches for the moon—it soothes her so—but she has no idea why. When the devil himself breaks down their door and it’s abundantly clear that Mama’s once again proposing Kylie as one-half of a “square deal,” Kylie can’t take it anymore. She cries for help from a neighbor and gets it—but what feels like a rescue is more like a death when fifteen-year-old Kylie loses her beloved three-year-old sister Aliza, the only person who’s ever loved her, and is taken hundreds of miles away to live with the family Mama said was dead.
Now Kylie’s in tiny Patience, Texas with her eccentric potty-mouthed grandmother, ever-patient stargazing grandfather, uncle who reminds her a lot of a cop who terrified her during a drug bust, and a herd of Norwegian Dwarf goats, their “guard donkeys,” and three canine roommates occupying Kylie’s former nursery. The dogs aren’t too sure about sharing “their” bed with Kylie—especially Jake, who Uncle Joey calls “a manatee-canine hybrid.” Ethan, the teen son of Kylie’s English teacher, takes an interest in Kylie and appoints himself her “tour guide” for the tiny two-hallway high school. He warns Kylie to stay away from Casey Tucker, a troubled grieving boy whom Kylie trusts too easily. When the drug charges against Mama are dropped and it appears Kylie might be returned to the Hell her mother subjected her to, Kylie must decide whether to tell the truth—all of it—in order to save herself and her sister.
by Author Beth Fehlbaum
Click here to visit her website
You can find these books at The Pulpwood Queen’s Book Shop – the OFFICIAL ONLINE SHOP for the International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys that supports Independent Book Stores (including one of our favorites – Main Street Reads) – Click Here
- Welcome to the June 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - June 5, 2023
- New Author Members – June 2023 - June 1, 2023
- Welcome to the May 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 1, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: Pulpwood Newsletter: TGIF! Five Favorite Cocktails to celebrate MADAME POMMERY, Creator of Brut Champagne! by author Rebecca Rosenburg - April 7, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: Pulpwood Queens Champagne Trivia by author Rebecca Rosenburg - April 6, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: Calling all Book Clubs! Do you like Champagne? by Author Rebecca Rosenberg - April 4, 2023
- Welcome to the April 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - April 3, 2023
- New Author Members – April 2023 - April 1, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: Celebrate Women’s History Month with Novels about the Women who made Champagne! by Author Rebecca Rosenburg - March 27, 2023
- New Author Members – March 2023 - March 16, 2023