Welcome Our New Pulpwood Authors!
The Memory Keeper of Kyiv
In the 1930s, Stalin’s activists marched through the Soviet Union, espousing the greatness of collective farming. It was the first step in creating a man-made famine that, in Ukraine, stole almost 4 million lives. Inspired by the history the world forgot, and the Russian government denies, Erin Litteken reimagines their story.
In 1929, Katya is 16 years old, surrounded by family and in love with the boy next door. When Stalin’s activists arrive in her village, it’s just a few, a little pressure to join the collective. But soon neighbors disappear, those who speak out are never seen again and every new day is uncertain.
Resistance has a price, and as desperate hunger grips the countryside, survival seems more a dream than a possibility. But, even in the darkest times, love beckons.
Seventy years later, a young widow discovers her grandmother’s journal, one that will reveal the long-buried secrets of her family’s haunted past.
This is a story of the resilience of the human spirit, the love that sees us through our darkest hours and the true horror of what happened during the Holodomor.
May we never forget, lest history repeat itself.
A share of proceeds will be donated to DEC’s Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.
by Author Erin Litteken
Silent Came the Monster: A Novel of the 1916 Jersey Shore Shark Attacks
A rogue shark upends the Jersey Shore, paradise for the wealthy and genteel, during the summer of 1916.
A high society historical novel merged with a pulse-pounding thriller of a larger-than-life threat.
During the summer of 1916, a surgeon at the Jersey Shore fights denial, conspiracy theories, defiance, and confusion in a desperate attempt to convince a skeptical public that the culprit behind a series of fatal attacks is a shark, not a huge sea turtle or German U-boat, and that it will strike again. Inspired by a series of true events.
by Author Amy Hill Hearth
You Belong Here Now
In 1925 Montana, three mysterious orphans show up on a cattle ranch, and after the family takes them in, the oldest is jailed for freeing wild horses bound for slaughter, exposing his dark secret from Hell’s Kitchen.
by Author Dianna Rostad
You can find these books at The Pulpwood Queen’s Book Shop – the OFFICIAL ONLINE SHOP for the International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys that supports Independent Book Stores (including one of our favorites – Main Street Reads) – Click Here
- New Author Members – September 2022 - September 8, 2022
- Welcome to the August 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - August 8, 2022
- New Author Members – August 2022 - August 1, 2022
- Welcome to the July 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - July 17, 2022
- New Author Members – July 2022 - July 1, 2022
- Welcome to the June 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - June 6, 2022
- New Author Members – June 2022 - June 2, 2022
- Welcome to the May2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 9, 2022
- New Author Members – May 2022 - May 8, 2022
- New Author Members – April 2022 - April 12, 2022