By Dianna Rostad
“You Belong Here Now is a novel as straightforward and powerful as the characters who populate. I love this book and I guarantee you won’t find a finer debut work anywhere.”
A USA Today bestseller – Willa Award Finalist in Historical Fiction – Shortlisted for Reading the West Award
When Dianna Rostad first discovered the history of the orphan trains, she felt a special kinship to the street kids from 1920s New York. After the Los Angeles riots in the 1990s, Dianna worked with a similar group of kids, so when she saw the pictures of these orphans on old steam trains, she recognized that look of determination and hope, and their stories began to take root in her heart—but it wasn’t until a visit from her father when he shared photos and lore of his family’s ranches in Montana, that Dianna knew where to set her story. In YOU BELONG HERE NOW, Dianna Rostad illuminates the 1920s in vivid detail, and with colorful family history—their speech, anecdotes, legends, and songs. Hard work, wild horses, old grudges, and shared tragedies breathe truth and life into this time. Based on a deeply rooted love for landscape, nature, and animals, Dianna has captured the atmosphere and essence of the natural world in Montana.
Montana 1925: Three Mysterious orphans show up on a cattle ranch, and after the family takes them in, the oldest is jailed for freeing a band of wild horses rounded up for slaughter, exposing his dark secret from Hell’s Kitchen.
Dianna Rostad writes bighearted novels for wide audiences. You Belong Here Now is her debut novel, published by William Morrow/Harper Collins. Learn more about her and how to buy her novels at www.diannarostad.com
- New Author Members – September 2023 - September 19, 2023
- Welcome to the September 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter! - September 5, 2023
- New Author Members – August 2023 - August 23, 2023
- Welcome to the August 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter! - August 1, 2023
- New Author Members – July 2023 - July 22, 2023
- Welcome to the July 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - July 3, 2023
- Welcome to the June 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - June 5, 2023
- New Author Members – June 2023 - June 1, 2023
- Welcome to the May 2023 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 1, 2023
- Pulpwood Newsletter: Pulpwood Newsletter: TGIF! Five Favorite Cocktails to celebrate MADAME POMMERY, Creator of Brut Champagne! by author Rebecca Rosenburg - April 7, 2023