Welcome to the December 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter!
Thank you for taking the time to read the latest issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter. We have put a lot of work into communicating better with our members and hope you are receiving a lot of value from these new channels. We are excited to share our new announcements with you!
The format for our monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Covers Issue are highlights of the most recent news, important book club announcements, and Pulpwood author member announcements.
Pulpwood Newsletter Article Contribution
* If you would like to contribute articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter or get an announcement into the Monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue, just visit https://www.thepulpwoodqueens.com/advertising/ for more information.
Last Month’s Pulpwood Newsletter Articles:
Author Jessica James contributed two articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter last month in November. If you did not get a chance to read those articles, here are the links to those articles posted on our website.
Please show Jessica some love by visiting Jessica’s website at https://www.jessicajamesbooks.com/
Article 1 – Old Houses And ‘Writing Angels’ by Author Jessica James
Article 2 – Diving Into Research by Author Jessica James
2020 Pulpwood Newsletter Articles:
Article – What You Want in a Story, I Want Too by Author Susan Wingate
Article – THE ELUSIVE LITERARY AGENT by Author Susan Wingate
Article – How to Bake Ruggelach with Mom by Author Laura Davis
Article – So, You Think It Was Always a Memoir? by Author Laura Davis
Important News from Executive Director Mandy Haynes:
Some very exciting news!
In the past 22 years, Kathy L. Murphy single handedly turned her original book club of six members into a tribe of tiara-wearing readers that span the globe. Lots of those members were also authors. Kathy’s love of connecting those authors with her readers naturally took root and her book club has grown into a one-of-a-kind community that makes being a Pulpwood Queen something to be proud of. With help from Paul Roberson (her webmaster and jack of all trades) and her new executive director (that’s me, Mandy Haynes) the authors have been given new opportunities to be in the spotlight. But with the recent pandemic, the Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy readers haven’t had many opportunities to share the limelight. We don’t want our readers to feel left out.
As a way to say THANK YOU we have an early Christmas Present for readers:
As of December 1, 2021, membership fees for Readers joining The International Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Book Club will be waived.
We changed our private Facebook group to a public one so every reader who wants to put on a tiara (or crown) and join in our online events are welcome!
*as with all online subscriptions, if you are set up for recurring payment, you are responsible for canceling – no refunds can be made.
“Don’t Forget to check out this month’s issue of Reading Nation Magazine as well as the bonus edition that is the full program for The International Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy 2022 Girlfriend’s Weekend Week-long Book Club Convention. Complete with live links to all of the Keynote Speakers and Panelists who will be participating at the event.”
– Pulpwood Executive Director Mandy Haynes
Click here to View Reading Nation Magazine
Our December Announcements are:
1. December’s Official Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Selection
2. The 2021 Books of the Year Announcement
3. Author Julia Daily’s December Announcement
4. Our 2nd Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Anthology Annoucement
5. Message from Pulpwood Author Susan Wingate
6. The New Pulpwood Queen’s Swag Shop Announcement
7. Author Dr. Lisa Miller’s December Announcement
8. The November 2021 New Author Members List
9. December’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books
Ongoing Book Club Announcement Reminders
1. Kathy’s Youtube Channel
2. Kathy’s new dedicated art website
3. Updated Calendar of Events
4. Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement
5. Advertising/Promotion Opportunities with the Book Club
Let’s begin ….
December’s Announcements and News
1. December 2021 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selection Announcement
We have a program where we feature our Official Pulpwood Queens Book Club Selections. This month we are celebrating our December 2021 Official Pick and Pulpwood Queen Author – Steven Manchester!
Please support Steven by grabbing a copy of his new book “The Menu”.
2. The 2021 Books of the Year Announcement
We just wanted to remind everyone that the Deadline to place votes for the 2021 Books of the year is Monday December 13th.
If you haven’t voted yet for the 2021 Books of the Year, please to go now and submit you vote via the link below.
3. Announcement from Pulpwood Author Member Julia Daily!
Julia Brewer Daily’s “No Names to Be Given” had an exciting month in November. Daily traveled to Mississippi for a book signing at Pass Christian Books, Pass Christian, MS and Lemuria Books and Handworks Holiday Market, Jackson, MS. Although the book just launched in August, 2021, it is becoming a book club favorite sparking discussions about the complex topic of adoption in the ‘60s.
It has garnered several awards, including the NYC Big Book Award, Firebird Award, Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and the International Impact Award. Daily acquired an International BookBub Deal and “No Names to Be Given” hit the Top 100 list on Amazon in Canada. It is #1 Best Seller in Women’s History Studies on Amazon in the U.S.
The author is available by Zoom for book club meetings to discuss the book. Contact her at email@example.com.
4. 2nd Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Anthology announcement
We’re excited to announce that our 2nd Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Anthology, WORKS IN PROGRESS, will be published on December 14th!
Once it’s up it will be available at our New Pulpwood Queen’s Book Shop but you can pre-order your copy now at https://threedogswritepress.com/.
Join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/workinprogressanthology for lots of fun extras from the Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy’s who submitted their stories.
5. Message from Pulpwood Author Member Susan Wingate!
WHY WE WRITE
That’s a big question that sometimes gets side-stepped in interviews. As a podcast interviewer of my 11-year long show called Dialogue: Between the Lines, I often forget this question myself. If we were to ask authors this question, I’m sure the answers would vary as much as each personality.
I write because I recognize something wrong in the world and need to find justice for that wrong—whether the world in this example is a family unit or a governmental entity. Whatever the injustice I sense, I can correct it through my storytelling.
You’ll see this justice resolving exemplified in my eight-time award-winning novel How the Deer Moon Hungers. In this story, you’re introduced to the main character, MacKenzie Fraser. In the first scene, Mac witnesses a drunk driver mow down her seven-year-old sister and her mother blames her. Then she ends up in juvie on a trumped-up drug charge and she’s in the fight of her life. And losing.
If you decide to read Deer Moon, I hope you let me know what you think. You can reach me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or can check me out (on the sly) at my website, www.susanwingate.com. Either way, I hope you’re reading a great book because with books we can get a glimpse at the soul of humanity.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Susan Wingate writes about big trouble in small towns and lives with her husband on an island off the coast of Washington State where, against State laws, she feeds the wildlife because she wants them to follow her around. Her ukulele playing is, as her Sitto used to say, “coming along.” Susan is a #1 Amazon bestselling and award-winning author.
6. Our New Pulpwood Queen’s Swag Shop Announcement
We’ve had lots of requests for new Pulpwood Queen t-shirts.
Well, our Pulpwood Executive Director created shirts but she didn’t stop there.
Check out the new Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Shop for our readers and authors to see the swag – including mugs, book bags, sweatshirts, and more fun things in our new store.
7. December announcement from Pulpwood Author Member Dr. Lisa Miller!
Wake Up From Your Depression!
Rise up post-pandemic despair, guide those people whom you cherish to renewal.
Discover how your own Awakened Brain is your innate birthright, ready now for you, for love, profound connection and spiritual awareness.
8. Our November 2021 New Author Members Announcement
As always we have a program where we highlight and feature the new author members who have recently joined the book club. We are happy to announce our new November 2021 Pulpwood Authors.
9. December’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books Announcement
We also highlight our International Book of the Month and our Bonus Books of the Month. Our International Book of the Month and our Bonus Books are official picks that did not get chosen for the overall Book of the Month honor but are worthy of being highlighted and featured because they are quite simply amazing.
Ongoing Book Club Reminders
1) Kathy’s Youtube Channel
Kathy also has a Youtube channel that she invites you to visit and subscribe to. She is posting all her video content from all the various programs she is conducting on her channel and this will be the one-stop place to watch it all!
2) Kathy”s Dedicated Art Website Announcement
Kathy wants to announce that she has a new dedicated website for her art and invites everyone to go check it out. You can go look at everything she is working on today. She also has some of her art available for sale if you are interested in collecting some of her art.
3. Updated Calendar of Events Announcements
Kathy also wants to announce that she has updated the calendar of events on the website. So to be up to date with everything coming up with the book club click the link below to look at the Pulpwood Queens calendar of events.
4) Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement
Effective immediately for all our scheduled Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club events. We will be doing LIVE simultaneous Facetimes for the general public to watch on Facebook.. Only paid book club members and book club member authors will be allowed to join the LIVE conversation, but they must request Zoom Meeting Link to do so. Please check our Calendar of Events on website, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com for Showtimes and for all else we have coming up on our schedule too as they are posted there.
5) New Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Advertising Announcement
We have received interest from new author members about advertising opportunities with the book club. After much discussion and consideration, we have decided to offer a few ways for new author members to do just that. We have a new page on the website explaining exactly what those opportunities are. If you are interested in doing some promotions for your projects, just visit our advertising page on the website and/or click the link below.
That is all we have for you this month, be sure to be looking for January’s cover issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter and Happy Reading!
Book Club Timber Guy
- Welcome to the May2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 9, 2022
- New Author Members – May 2022 - May 8, 2022
- New Author Members – April 2022 - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: The Spiritual Brain: A Road Map to Alleviating our National Mental Health Crisis by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Dear Gen Z: You Might Save Us, But Please First Save Yourselves by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 5, 2022
- Welcome to the April 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - April 3, 2022
- Welcome to the March 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - March 6, 2022
- New Author Members – March 2022 - March 6, 2022
- New Author Members – February 2022 - February 6, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Foundations— the infrastructure of well being Or underwear by Author Abbe Rolnick - February 3, 2022