The format for our monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Covers Issue are highlights of the most recent news, important book club announcements, and Pulpwood author member announcements.
Pulpwood Newsletter Article Contribution
* If you would like to contribute articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter or get an announcement into the Monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue, just visit https://www.thepulpwoodqueens.com/advertising/ for more information.
February’s Pulpwood Newsletter Article Contribution
Week of February 1st, 2022
Author Abbe Rolnick has contributed two articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter for the month of February (2022). We have those articles scheduled to be sent out on February 1st and February 3rd.
Please be looking for those emails on February 1st and 3rd and show her some love by visiting Abbe’s website at www.abberolnick.com
Article 1 – An Authors Defining Moments Unraveled by Author Abbe Rolnick
Article 2 – Foundations — the infrastructure of well being – Or underwear by Author Abbe Rolnick
2020 Pulpwood Newsletter Articles:
Article – What You Want in a Story, I Want Too by Author Susan Wingate
Article – THE ELUSIVE LITERARY AGENT by Author Susan Wingate
Article – How to Bake Ruggelach with Mom by Author Laura Davis
Article – So, You Think It Was Always a Memoir? by Author Laura Davis
Article – Old Houses And ‘Writing Angels’ by Author Jessica James
Article – Diving Into Research by Author Jessica James
February’s Featured News
Important News from Executive Director Mandy Haynes:
We love our readers and FRIDAYS ARE ALL ABOUT YOU!
Every Friday we’ll have a new event to recognize our readers. Introduce yourself in the discussion section and tell us all about you. Who you are, where you’re from – how long you’ve been a member.
Mention your favorite Pulpwood Queen and/or Timber Guy Author and we’ll enter you in a drawing each week (winners will be posted on the following Saturday) for a chance to win some fun prizes from The Pulpwood Queen!
Authors may have some fun giveaways too so let’s have fun and shine the spotlight on our Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy readers!
Here’s where you want to be on Fridays!
It’s an all day event – no muss no fuss. Just leave comments and posts in the discussion.
Every Friday is a new PARTY and a new opportunity to get to know each other!
“And don’t forget to check out this month’s issue of Reading Nation Magazine.”
– Pulpwood Executive Director Mandy Haynes
Our February 2022 Announcements:
1. February’s Official Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Selection
2. February’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books
3. Author Julia Daily’s February Announcement
4. Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Children’s Book Club Announcement
5. The Cool Kat’s Club – Reading With The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Announcement
6. Reading Nation Magazine Announcement
7. The January 2022 New Author Members List
8. The New Pulpwood Queen’s Swag Shop Announcement (Reminder)
Ongoing Book Club Announcement Reminders:
1. Kathy’s Youtube Channel
2. Kathy’s new dedicated art website
3. Updated Calendar of Events
4. Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement
5. Advertising/Promotion Opportunities with the Book Club
Let’s begin ….
February’s Announcements and News
1. February 2022 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selection Announcement
Please support Cheryl by grabbing a copy of her new book “Sugar Birds”.
2. February’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books Announcement
We also highlight our International Book of the Month and our Bonus Books of the Month. Our Bonus Books are official picks that did not get chosen for the overall Book of the Month honors but are worthy of being highlighted and featured because they are quite simply amazing.
3. Announcement from Pulpwood Author Member Julia Daily!
Julia Brewer Daily’s “No Names to Be Given” had an exciting month in November. Daily traveled to Mississippi for a book signing at Pass Christian Books, Pass Christian, MS and Lemuria Books and Handworks Holiday Market, Jackson, MS. Although the book just launched in August, 2021, it is becoming a book club favorite sparking discussions about the complex topic of adoption in the ‘60s.
It has garnered several awards, including the NYC Big Book Award, Firebird Award, Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and the International Impact Award. Daily acquired an International BookBub Deal and “No Names to Be Given” hit the Top 100 list on Amazon in Canada. It is #1 Best Seller in Women’s History Studies on Amazon in the U.S.
The author is available by Zoom for book club meetings to discuss the book. Contact her at email@example.com.
4. Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Children’s Book Club
Years ago, Kathy started the Splinters and the Pinecones–two book clubs for kids that were a break off of the Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Book Club. Kathy started out in the book world as a Children’s Book Store manager, so children’s books have always had a special place in her heart.
But life happened and owning the beauty shop, the bookstore, running the Pulpwood Queens, and the children’s book club was too much to do on her own.
Sadly, she had to give some things up.
Now that she has a new executive director, she’s a grandmother of a little book lover, and so many Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy members have become grandparents themselves–we think it’s time to start again! As authors, you need a place to promote your work–and readers need a place to find you.
So it’s my pleasure to introduce Reading With Queen Mama Kat!
Just like the author members of the original PQ/TG, when you join you will be featured in our newsletter, listed in our new section (New Children’s Authors), promoted on our Reading With Queen Mama Kat Facebook Page–we’ll have some fun with this! – and your books will be considered for the new Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Children’s Book Club reading list.
You will be eligible to purchase low-cost advertising in our Reading Nation Magazine (which will start a new children’s book section) and purchase banners to advertise your work on the website and newsletter.
This is just the start–once we get going, we’ll think of other ways to get you seen and your books read.
Children’s Book Authors – welcome to The International Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Book Club! Author membership for Children’s Book authors and/or Illustrators is the same – a $50 annual fee.
You DO NOT have to pay two memberships.
If you’re already an author member and you have a children’s book you want featured, contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now let’s have some fun!
5. The Cool Kat’s Club – Reading With The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys
We can’t leave out our middle-grade to young adult authors and readers!
6. Reading Nation Magazine
If you’re a member of the International Pulpwood Queen or Timber Guy Book Club and have a story you’d like to share in the READING NATION MAGAZINE, I’d love to hear it. Book Club Reader Members that includes you!
We love our readers, and you will always have a place in the magazine to share your news.
I’m looking for pets to feature on our If Our Pets Could Talk page, Authors and Their Art, photos & short essays of your local bookstores, and libraries. These pages are free! And readers of the magazine love them.
Did I say readers? As of January 30th Reading Nation Magazine has received a total of
PQ & TG authors – the regular pages to advertise your books are only $50 (and go down when you purchase more than one in an issue). That includes customized graphics of your book cover (and your author photo when you purchase more than one page) that are shared with a combined list of 12K readers, book reviewers, book clubs, and bookstagrammers over several social media sites. This low-cost advertising option is just one of the benefits of being a Pulpwood Queen or Timber Guy Book Club Author.
If you’d like more information on advertising opportunities or would like to submit your stories send an email to email@example.com or take a look at the order form here: https://forms.gle/6x2QBEkrTQ7BFNos9
7. Our January 2022 New Author Members Announcement
As always we have a program where we highlight and feature the new author members who have recently joined the book club. We are happy to announce our new January 2022 Pulpwood Authors.
8. Our New Pulpwood Queen’s Swag Shop Announcement
We’ve had lots of requests for new Pulpwood Queen t-shirts.
Well, our Pulpwood Executive Director created shirts but she didn’t stop there.
Check out the new Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Shop for our readers and authors to see the swag – including mugs, book bags, sweatshirts, and more fun things in our new store.
Ongoing Book Club Reminders
1) Kathy’s Youtube Channel
Kathy also has a Youtube channel that she invites you to visit and subscribe to. She is posting all her video content from all the various programs she is conducting on her channel and this will be the one-stop place to watch it all!
2) Kathy”s Dedicated Art Website Announcement
Kathy wants to announce that she has a new dedicated website for her art and invites everyone to go check it out. You can go look at everything she is working on today. She also has some of her art available for sale if you are interested in collecting some of her art.
3. Updated Calendar of Events Announcements
Kathy also wants to announce that she has updated the calendar of events on the website. So to be up to date with everything coming up with the book club click the link below to look at the Pulpwood Queens calendar of events.
4) Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement
Effective immediately for all our scheduled Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club events. We will be doing LIVE simultaneous Facetimes for the general public to watch on Facebook.. Only paid book club members and book club member authors will be allowed to join the LIVE conversation, but they must request Zoom Meeting Link to do so. Please check our Calendar of Events on website, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com for Showtimes and for all else we have coming up on our schedule too as they are posted there.
5) New Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Advertising Announcement
We have received interest from new author members about advertising opportunities with the book club. After much discussion and consideration, we have decided to offer a few ways for new author members to do just that. We have a new page on the website explaining exactly what those opportunities are. If you are interested in doing some promotions for your projects, just visit our advertising page on the website and/or click the link below.
That is all we have for you this month, be sure to be looking for March’s cover issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter and Happy Reading!
Book Club Timber Guy
- Welcome to the May2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 9, 2022
- New Author Members – May 2022 - May 8, 2022
- New Author Members – April 2022 - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: The Spiritual Brain: A Road Map to Alleviating our National Mental Health Crisis by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Dear Gen Z: You Might Save Us, But Please First Save Yourselves by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 5, 2022
- Welcome to the April 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - April 3, 2022
- Welcome to the March 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - March 6, 2022
- New Author Members – March 2022 - March 6, 2022
- New Author Members – February 2022 - February 6, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Foundations— the infrastructure of well being Or underwear by Author Abbe Rolnick - February 3, 2022