Welcome to the June 2021 Issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter!
There are new changes and improvements coming to the Pulpwood Newsletter and to the International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation over the next couple of months. We are excited to share those announcements with you and hope you will enjoy them.
The format for our monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Covers Issue are highlights of the most recent news, important book club announcements, and author announcement promotions.
This month we have twelve announcements and two ongoing reminders to share with you.
Those announcements are:
1. July’s Official Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Selection
2. Kathy’s International Book Club Convention Announcement
3. Author Julia Daily’s Announcement
4. Kathy’s new dedicated art website annoucement
5. Author Susan Wingate’s Announcement
6. Mandy Haynes announcement about Reading Nation Magazine
7. Book Podcaster Cindy Burnett’s Announcement
8. New advertising/promotion opportunities with the book club
9. July’s bonus books
10. June’s new Pulpwood Author Members
11. Latest Blogs Post from Kathy L. Murphy
12. Updated Calendar of Events
Ongoing Book Club Reminders
1. Kathy’s Youtube Channel
Let’s begin with the most recent news and announcements!
Announcements and News
1. We have a program where we feature our Official Pulpwood Queens Book Club Selections.This month we are celebrating our July 2021 Official Pulpwood Queen Author – Jax Frey!
Please support Jax by grabbing a copy of her new book “The Gumbeaux Sistahs: A Novel”.
2. Kathy wants to announce that starting June 1, 2021, running through September 1, 2021 we are offering a very special price for book clubs to attend our next International Book Club Convention, January 10 – 16, 2022. For $499, an entire book club can participate in our annual book club convention no matter how many members are in your club. To learn more about this summer special, please click the link below.
3. The widely anticipated debut novel, No Names to Be Given, by Julia Brewer Daily is a glimpse into the lives of women in 1966 forced by society to gift their newborns to strangers.Although this novel is a fictional account, it mirrors many of the adoption stories of its era.
Sign up at www.juliadaily.com for monthly giveaways of advance copies, Kindle Fires, and $100 Amazon gift cards.
4. Kathy wants to announce that she has a new dedicated website for her art and invites everyone to go check it out. You can go look at everything she is working on today. She also has some of her art available for sale if you are interested in collecting some of her art.
5. HOW THE DEER MOON HUNGERS by Susan Wingate wins a 1st Place prize in the 2021 CIBA Somerset Book Awards.
The Somerset Award is the 7th award for How the Deer Moon Hungers.
6. The READING NATION MAGAZINE is getting lots of attention.
In the last month we’ve had 1,040 reads and 3,120 “looks” per Issuus’s statistics. And even though the Facebook page has under 500 followers, it reached 1.2K people and had 277 engagements the week of June 27th. I can’t wait to see how many people we reach in July! If you would like to purchase spots in future issues, I still have plenty of pages available for $10 each through 2021.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get you on the schedule.
Also, I want to remind you to send in your submissions for the new anthology. WORK IN PROGRESS has ten stories from ten of our talented authors already typeset and ready to go. It’s a great mix of writing styles that represent who we are – Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Authors – and I can’t wait to share it with everyone.
September 20th is the deadline. Don’t let it sneak up on you and cause you to miss out on a fun way to connect with more readers and fellow PQ/TG members. Send an excerpt from one of your manuscripts (200 to 4000 words) with a bio and a description explaining the story behind the “story” you submitted. More information can be found inside the magazine.
Here’s a link to June’s issue: https://issuu.com/readingnationmagazine/docs/final_june_mag
7. Love to read?
Check out the Thoughts from a Page podcast where with an informal, conversational, and engaging manner, Cindy routinely gets authors to open up about what’s important to them, giving busy readers the back story to their favorite (or as yet undiscovered) books.
She and her guests talk about books spoiler free so you can listen whether you have read the book or not, and then they delve into things that you won’t hear about elsewhere – the importance of cover design, why an author included various aspects of the story, personal details about both the books and the authors’ lives and so much more.
You can find the podcast on every major platform and learn more about it on Cindy’s website www.thoughtfromapage.com.
8. We have received interest from new author members about advertising opportunities with the book club. After much discussion and consideration, we have decided to offer a few ways for new author members to do just that. We have a new page on the website explaining exactly what those opportunities are. If you are interested in doing some promotions for your projects, just visit our advertising page on the website and/or click the link below.
9. We also highlight our Bonus Books of the Month. Our bonus books are featured books that did not get chosen for Book of the Month honors but are worthy of being highlighted and featured because they are amazing.
10. As always we have a program where we highlight and feature the new author members who have recently joined the book club. We are happy to announce our new June 2021 Pulpwood Authors.
11. Kathy has written some interesting blog post for the book club. You should catch up on everything going on in Kathy’s world by reading her blogs.
12. Kathy also wants to announce that she has updated the calendar of events on the website. So to be up to date with everything coming up with the book club click the link below to look at the Pulpwood Queens calendar of events.
Ongoing Book Club Reminders
1) Kathy’s Youtube Channel
Kathy also has a Youtube channel that she invites you to visit and subscribe to. She is posting all her video content from all the various programs she is conducting on her channel and this will be the one-stop place to watch it all!
That is all we have for you this month, be sure to be looking for August’s cover edition of the Pulpwood Newsletter and Happy Reading!
Book Club Timber Guy
- Welcome to the January 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - January 2, 2022
- Welcome to the December 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - December 6, 2021
- New Author Members – December 2021 - December 3, 2021
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Diving Into Research By Jessica James - November 18, 2021
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Old Houses And ‘Writing Angels’ by Jessica James - November 16, 2021
- New Author Members – November 2021 - November 8, 2021
- Welcome to the November 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - November 1, 2021
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: How to Bake Ruggelach with Mom by Laura Davis - October 28, 2021
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: So, You Think It Was Always a Memoir? by Laura Davis - October 28, 2021
- Welcome to the October 2021 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter! - October 3, 2021