We have made several changes and improvements to the Pulpwood Newsletter and to the International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation over the last couple of months. We are excited to share our new announcements with you and hope you will enjoy them.
The format for our monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Covers Issue are highlights of the most recent news, important book club announcements, and Pulpwood author member announcements.
Pulpwood Newsletter Article Contributions:
Week of October 24th 2021
Author Laura Davis has contributed two articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter for the month of October. We have those articles scheduled to be sent out on October 26th and October 28th.
Please be looking for those emails on October 26th and 28th and show her some love by visiting her website at www.lauradavis.net/the-burning-light-of-two-stars/
Message from Laura Davis:
I’m thrilled to invite you to preorder The Burning Light of Two Stars, the story of my embattled relationship with my mother, our determination to love one another, and the dramatic and surprising collision course we found ourselves on at the end of her life. For the millions of people helped by my first book, The Courage to Heal, the new book is both the prequel and sequel, offering the intimate, page-turning details of how I reconciled with the mother who betrayed me and learned to love and care for her during her final days. You can order and check out my exciting presale bonuses here.
* If you would like to contribute articles for the Pulpwood Newsletter or get an announcement into the Monthly Pulpwood Newsletter Cover Issue, just visit https://www.thepulpwoodqueens.com/advertising/ for more information.
Our October Announcements are:
1. October’s Official Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Selection
2. 2022 International Book Club Convention News
3. Author Julia Daily’s October Announcement
4. The Pulpwood Queen’s Executive Director “Mandy Haynes” October Announcement
5. Author Susan Wingate’s October Announcement
6. September’s New Author Members
7. Author Dr. Lisa Miller’s October Announcement
8. October’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books
9. Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement (Reminder)
Ongoing Book Club Announcement Reminders”
1. Kathy’s Youtube Channel
2. Kathy’s new dedicated art website
3. Updated Calendar of Events
4. New advertising/promotion opportunities with the book club
Let’s begin ….
October Announcements and News
1. October 2021 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selection Announcement
We have a program where we feature our Official Pulpwood Queens Book Club Selections. This month we are celebrating our October 2021 Official Pick and Pulpwood Queen Author – Caroline Leavitt!
Please support Caroline by grabbing a copy of her new book “With or Without You”.
2. The 2022 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Convention Announcement
There will be a price increase for our 2022 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Convention, January 11 – 16, 2022 starting December 1st. The price will be $499 with either book club or author membership.
3. Announcement from Pulpwood author member Julia Daily!
Julia Brewer Daily took a sentimental journey recently on her debut novel No Names to Be Given book tour of Louisiana and Mississippi.
She began in New Orleans with visits to the maternity home where she was born and adopted and to book stores in the French Quarter and Garden District. Daily and her publisher, Lara Bernhardt, Admission Press, Inc., visited and photographed sites mentioned in Daily’s novel, including the Monteleon Hotel, Lafitte’s Bar, Café du Monde, the Ponchartrain Hotel and Commander’s Palace Restaurant.
In Mississippi, she held an Author Talk at the library named for her mother in her hometown of Mount Olive.
No Names to Be Given is receiving great reviews and is available wherever books are sold online. The audiobook version has joined the print and e-book versions, as well. www.juliadaily.com
4. Our Pulpwood Queen Executive Director “Mandy Haynes” has an announcement
The International Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Book Store is officially open!
Buy your favorite Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Authors books here – https://bookshop.org/shop/ThePulpwoodQueensBookShop and email email@example.com at time of purchase. She might have a signed bookplate or swag from the author as an added bonus!
Thank you for supporting independent bookstores and our authors!
Reading Nation Magazine PASSED 20,000 VIEWS on September 29th!
If you would like to advertise in Reading Nation Magazine, or have any questions about the process, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Announcement from Pulpwood author member Susan Wingate!
Multi-award-winning, #1 bestseller, HOW THE DEER MOON HUNGERS. A sister story for the ages. For those who love books like Where the Crawdads Sing and My Sister’s Keeper. “How the Deer Moon Hungers” has won seven book awards including Best Fiction in the 2020 Pacific Book Award, a 1st Place Award in the 2021 CIBA Somerset Literary Awards, a Silver Award in the 2021 eLIT Book Awards, Winner of the 2020 SABA Book Awards for Best Fiction Author, another Silver Award for YA Fiction in the 2020 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards, July 2020 Book Cover of the Month, and a Finalist Award in the 2020
Shelf Unbound Indie Best Book Awards.
A little about the story…MacKenzie Fraser is only trying to be a teenager, do teenager things when she witnesses a drunk driver mow down her seven-year-old sister and her mother blames her. Then she ends up in juvie on a trumped-up drug charge. Now she’s in the fight of her life. And she’s losing. HOW THE DEER MOON HUNGERS is a coming-of-age story about loss, grief, and the power of love.
“A girl comes into her own following a tragedy in Susan Wingate’s poignant novel.” ―Foreword Clarion Reviews
6. Our September 2021 New Author Members Announcement
As always we have a program where we highlight and feature the new author members who have recently joined the book club. We are happy to announce our new August 2021 Pulpwood Authors.
Discover how your own Awakened Brain is your innate birthright, ready now for you, for love, profound connection and spiritual awareness.
8. October’s International Book of the Month and Bonus Books Announcement
We also highlight our International Book of the Month and our Bonus Books of the Month. Our International Book of the Month and our Bonus Books are official picks that did not get chosen for the overall Book of the Month honor but are worthy of being highlighted and featured because they are quite simply amazing.
9. Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club Events Announcement
Effective immediately for all our scheduled Online Book Club, Book & Film Club, and Writer Club events. We will be doing LIVE simultaneous Facetimes for the general public to watch on Facebook.. Only paid book club members and book club member authors will be allowed to join the LIVE conversation, but they must request Zoom Meeting Link to do so. Please check our Calendar of Events on website, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com for Showtimes and for all else we have coming up on our schedule too as they are posted there.
Ongoing Book Club Reminders
1) Kathy’s Youtube Channel
Kathy also has a Youtube channel that she invites you to visit and subscribe to. She is posting all her video content from all the various programs she is conducting on her channel and this will be the one-stop place to watch it all!
2) Kathy”s Dedicated Art Website Announcement
Kathy wants to announce that she has a new dedicated website for her art and invites everyone to go check it out. You can go look at everything she is working on today. She also has some of her art available for sale if you are interested in collecting some of her art.
3. Updated Calendar of Events Announcements
Kathy also wants to announce that she has updated the calendar of events on the website. So to be up to date with everything coming up with the book club click the link below to look at the Pulpwood Queens calendar of events.
4) New Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club Advertising Announcement
We have received interest from new author members about advertising opportunities with the book club. After much discussion and consideration, we have decided to offer a few ways for new author members to do just that. We have a new page on the website explaining exactly what those opportunities are. If you are interested in doing some promotions for your projects, just visit our advertising page on the website and/or click the link below.
That is all we have for you this month, be sure to be looking for November’s cover issue of the Pulpwood Newsletter and Happy Reading!
Book Club Timber Guy
- New Author Members – July 2022 - July 1, 2022
- Welcome to the June 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - June 6, 2022
- New Author Members – June 2022 - June 2, 2022
- Welcome to the May2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - May 9, 2022
- New Author Members – May 2022 - May 8, 2022
- New Author Members – April 2022 - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: The Spiritual Brain: A Road Map to Alleviating our National Mental Health Crisis by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 12, 2022
- Pulpwood Newsletter Article: Dear Gen Z: You Might Save Us, But Please First Save Yourselves by Dr. Lisa Miller - April 5, 2022
- Welcome to the April 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - April 3, 2022
- Welcome to the March 2022 Cover Issue of the Pulpwood Queens Newsletter - March 6, 2022