Nearly 21 years ago I opened the ONLY Hair Salon/Book Store in the country, Beauty and the Book in the piney woods of East Texas. Shortly thereafter, I started a book club that grew from six complete strangers to become the largest “meeting and discussing” book club in the world, The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club READING NATION all with our authors in tow. You see I featured first time, first book authors, or ones that may not have been discovered in a big way. When I think of all the authors that graced those doors and ones of who I have featured at my annual book club convention, The International Book Club Convention formerly called Girlfriend Weekend, I still am in disbelief. One woman who set out to change the world one author, one reader, one book club at a time. My life’s mission and passion has been to promote authors, books, literacy, reading, and all the arts. You see I am artist too. I am many things as most women. I was a wife. I am a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, as I have many balls I am juggling constantly in the air. I like it that way. I am a woman, hear me ROAR!
So you can imagine my thrill when I was invited by Mary Helen Sheriff, of Bookish Road Trip, a Facebook blog to be one of the many authors invited to read the first page of their book in honor of the auspicious occasion. I was thrilled!!! There is nothing I love more than promoting reading. So today go to Bookish Road Trip and watch and listen to all the authors reading the first page of their books. This is a booklovers dream so whether you are armchair reading such as me, Bookish Road Trip and all the many bloggers, podcasters, and authors around the world I will be listening to today to celebrate National Women’s Fiction Day. Reading is just that important and as always, it’s all about the story!
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Presents now through the end of April, 2022 Virtual Girlfriend Weekend Offer for $99! - March 23, 2021
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Author, Robert Gwaltney as my NEW Co-host for my Book to Film Club! - March 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021