This photo above popped up as I was drinking my morning Lavazza Creama French pressed coffee. My morning ritual is feed the kitties, make my coffee, then take time for meditation and prayer to start my day right. Then and only then do I check my laptop for emails, messages, and to then go and post my daily Breathless Bubbles & Books Blog by my guest host authors. This week being author, Richard Fifield who hails from Montana. Go there. you have to read his posts on Facebook.
As I studied this photo I was reminded of one the infamous trip’s Tiajuana Anderson Neel and I made, one of our last before she unexpectedly and shockingly left this world. What a void! As I looked at the photo of this very happy occasion. I was reminded that author, Bren McClain treated me, Tiajuana and more of our author friends to a lunch as Tiajuana and I were on a mission trip. We were to deliver my first big painting sold to an author, Laurel Huber Davis in Runsom, New Jersey, on the Atlantic Ocean Jersey Shore. Along the way I had set up many Art, Book , and my Art Inspired Fashions for a Pop-up Show to any of my book clubs that would like to host us and also to deliver another two paintings to author, River Jordan.
This was an ambitious trip! Tiajuana as my shotgun ran the GPS from her iPad and me being the road warrior that I am determined to keep the trip under $500 in expenditures as that what it was going to cost to send me very heavy and large painting shipped to Laurel. We were gone two weeks, what a gift. One that I will never fully appreciate as one of the greatest gifts I was ever given. It will all be in my next book, “The Pulpwood Queen Goes Back to School” as you all, in this every changing world we need to focus on those great times. I am so itching to travel if you would love to have me come for a visit, lead an Alcohol Ink Workshop, give a Art, Book, and Art Inspired Fashion Pop-up Show, I have both my shots and after my next doctor’s check up, I am raring to go.
My FJ Cruiser’s gas tank is forever on full as I ready to go. I have been offered author’s homes to go to stay in as I have another book I need to work on and looking for spots for inspiration. That spot is not here. I have the worst case of cabin fever. I have always had a bad case of wanderlust so ready to put the pedal to the metal and go, go, go! I want to create more incredible memories like the one above. Now I am sharing my NEW adopted philosophy on life. I viewed in on book club member Brandi Nash’s page as follows:
The only thing stopping me is I am cash poor. So if you so feel inclined check out my NEW Kathy L. Murphy artist website at www.kathylmurphyart.com. Perhaps I too will be so inclined if you make a purchase to deliver it in person like I did with Tiajuana Anderson Neel. Here is the video of that delivery to Laurel Huber Davis, still brings me to tears and another video that Tiajuana filmed when I found out I was going to be a grandmother. These memories are what I focus on that keeps me going to make new ones. Have a wonderful, wonderful summer and truly grateful for ALL OF YOU!
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Presents now through the end of April, 2022 Virtual Girlfriend Weekend Offer for $99! - March 23, 2021