Today’s blog is to feature my incredible author friend, New York Times Bestselling Author JAMIE FORD! Jamie had his BOOK LAUNCH yesterday in his home state of Montana and here was what he posted after that event!
Had a great time at B&N last night–thanks for being there! And they ran out of books! Fortunately, Andrew at Cassiopeia Books on Central is well supplied (and they’re signed)
Now check out the photos above that he referenced! I also posted a photo of Jamie with two other sister Pulpwood Queen Authors, Kathy Hepinstall Parks and Becky Hepinstall Parks, along with Jamie’s lovely wife, Leesha Ford, and Kathy and Becky’s legendary mother, Polly Hepinstall. Evidently, this Pulpwood Queen menagerie bonded on a hiking trip in Montana. Pulpwood Queens, Timber Guys, is there a story here or what. I loved the photo montage of that reporting on Facebook, especially when a chipmunk landed on Miss Polly’s lap, please read “The Book of Polly” by Kathy Hepinstall Parks! Nothing thrills me more than those authors making connections outside of our annual convention, Girlfriend Weekend!
But back to Jamie’s NEW book, “Love and Other Consolation Prizes” which will be our Official Kick-off Read for January 2018 as Jamie is my co-host again for that event and will be Keynoting talking of his latest. What I really want to say is you love Jamie, his wonderful family, and all he has done for us by volunteering to be our co-host year after year is BUY HIS BOOK AND READ IT! I cannot thank this wonderful, kind, witty, well, he has a wicked side of humor too, enough for helping me each year make Girlfriend Weekend such a success. So today as his book launched yesterday, ALL HAIL JAMIE FORD! Check out his Facebook page and follow along on his book tour. Oh, would I love to be a little mouse on that tour, all the escapades! We will have a full report at Girlfriend Weekend and do note! Jamie has a book to film deal now for “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet”! Woo Hoo!
Jamie came into my eyesight when Pulpwood Queen after Pulpwood Queen read “Hotel” after a Girlfriend Weekend galley giveaway! Everyone demanded I invite this author to speak. I did and then my incredible previous co-host got a new job and could not come to Girlfriend Weekend the next year. The Pulpwood Queens then demanded I ask Jamie Ford to be my co-host. By that time you all, I could not dare, he was on the New York Time’s bestseller list. The nerve, but the PQ’s kept pushing me so I did! He said, “YES”! To this day I am flabbergasted that he consented and we have had many years of co-hosting together, (except for that nasty incident when he snapped his Achilles tendon but even then he told me he would come after surgery on crutches. I made him stay home. But he’s back and you all he is a real trooper).
Thank you, Jamie Ford, to my dying day I will be there for you as you have always been here for the Pulpwood Queens, the Timber Guys, and yes, holding court at the nearest watering hole with all our authors.
WE LOVE YOU! So have a big book tour and come back to us Jamie Ford, Girlfriend Weekend would never be the same now without YOU!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Jamie Ford Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
The Pulpwood Queen!
- The Pulpwood Queen Answers the Cry of the Meadowlark! - September 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Still Here, Make Each Day Count! - September 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces our Fall Line-up for Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club Authors Featured! - September 15, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Line-up for Features for The Pulpwood Queen Film Club! - September 11, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Goes to California with A Book Upon Her Knee! - September 6, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Goes Hollywood! - September 3, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen features Author, R. Scott Boyer in “Feather Your Nest”! - September 1, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Gives a Birthday Thank You and More Exciting NEWS! - August 30, 2020
- The Pulpwood Announces 2022 Girlfriend Weekend Featured Authors and Presenters! - August 24, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen “Feather Your Nest” Blog on ART! - August 22, 2020