This weekend I would like to showcase The Pulpwood Queens of Woodland, California, the READERS IN THE HOOD! This book club is run by Marsha Toy Enstrom, the book blogger, The Book Club Cheerleader and you all, this book club does just that!
We met because I had the brothers, Franz and Kurt Wisner come to visit my Pulpwood Queens of East Texas, who wrote the book, “Honeymoon with my Brother: A Memoir written by Franz. We had a porch party and my Pulpwood Queens took one look at these authors and it was love at first site. Our book club meeting lasted so long that I had to get the water hose out and threaten to blast them with the hose to make them go home, no lie.
You have to read this book as such a life-changing and inspiration story about a marriage canceled at the last minute by the bride, the honeymoon was paid for, so the groom took his brother.
What I will always remember about this read is that this book became the great connector between me and meeting Marsha and her book club. “Honeymoon with my Brother” started the marriage between two book clubs across the country from each other and would make a perfect film.
I know the Pulpwood Queens would love to extras in the making of that film.
But Franz and Kurt told me about Marsha and how they visited her chapter and all the book club members dressed as brides for them and who wouldn’t, the guys are knock down dead gorgeous. We met and we combined reading and book-loving forces! The Pulpwood Queens would not be what they are today without the support of Marsha, The Book Club Cheerleader. She has brought her whole chapter to our annual conference but she comes every year even the year she had some major heart issues. The woman is a book-loving trooper and I can not go on enough about how she supports our club and our authors! Book Club members, she goes all out for the authors just like me, check out the photos above for PROOF!
So as we embark on our mission to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading, look to Marsha for the guide and inspiration of OWNING our book club. Below are photos of some of the crazy and wonderful antics through the many years we have been promoting reading together! I love her and so will YOU! So bow to the QUEEN FOR THE DAY and do follow her Facebook page and website, www.thebookclubcheerleader.com. If you have any regards on how to be a Pulpwood Queen, look no further than Marsha Toy Engtrom, my book hero and her incredible READERS IN THE HOOD!
Bowing to the feet of my California Queens!
Kathy L. Murphy
The Pulpwood Queen
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks about Creating and Sharing BEAUTY! - August 20, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021