Dear Pulpwood Queens Book Club Members, our Authors, and Book Lovers Everywhere,
After much sincere consideration and discussion with my Pulpwood Queen staff and with deep sadness we have decided to be safe and cancel our 2021 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend, January 14 – 16, 2021 in Jefferson, Texas. Many factors went into this decision but mostly because all other festivals and events in this world, especially in Jefferson, Texas, have cancelled to keep people safe in this time of social distancing. We also know that we could have done this virtually but you all know the whole purpose of our weekend is so that we can have our annual reunion all together in person and celebrate another wonderful year of reading together.
So what does this mean to you that have purchased your packages for 2021? We have decided to roll over those who have paid to 2022. Paul Roberson will be sending this notice out to all of you in our next Pulpwood Queen Newsletter. We will be working even harder to make our 2022 Girlfriend Weekend doubly an event of lifetime as will have two years of authors to invite to our Pulpwood Queen reading table.
Authors, we will continue to feature you each month on our Breathless Bubbles & Books Facebook page, Author of the Month, the first week, then Bonus Book of the Month will be featured in the following months. From there, Brooklyn Bradley LaFleur and Paul Roberson will get you featured for your month on the Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club. And know I am working very hard behind the scenes to get you and your books out into the light in every way possible.
To cancel out weekend the first time now in over 20 years was a hard decision. But this is until we have a vaccine and a way to protect each and every one of us. We cannot proceed ahead as usual. We still do not know if there will be even allowed gatherings of people of our size this coming January as it is predicted that this will be coming around again and during flu season. Your health and well being, mine, my staff is at the forefront of all we do in the future. Travel is still high risk and we want to protect our precious authors and book club members traveling in.
So if you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am now working from Murphy’s Law social distancing from my little cabin in the woods. I am also asking that in the future you purchase your Pulpwood Queen Book Club selections at https://bookshop.org/shop/ThePulpwoodQueensBookShop. Please do so to help independent bookstores everywhere and this helps me too! Paul Roberson and I have added every book this year we can in their system and will be adding the 2021 reading list and more when we make that announcement of reads.
Support our authors as this is our livelihood, read, review, and share out posts. Right now social media is our only way of getting the word out and TAG me at Kathy L. Murphy if you want me to share any newsworthy post. Please do not try to post on my pages and sites about your books without going through me first.
Onward and upward my dear, dear friends! I am planning something LIVE online during that time so we can at least be together virtually as there is no way I don’t want to see your beautiful reading faces. All of you have changed my life for the better. You are the best friends of my life in the world. and I take note of every single kindness. 2020 has been a rough year so far. If you will bear with my Pulpwood Queen staff and tribe during this time, we promise that when we do get back together it will be a book reading celebration of lifetime.
Love and stay safe, stay home, until we meet again,
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Valentine Writing Room! - June 28, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Decorating at her Home, Murphy’s Law! - June 27, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Connect Through the Sharing of Stories! - June 23, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes All New Authors and Members To Our Book Club! - June 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Has Breaking News Regarding 2022 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - June 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces January 2021 Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections! - June 16, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger, Author, Connor Garrett! - June 13, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Echo Garrett, Publisher of Lucid House Publishing Message to the World! - June 10, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Love for “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee! - June 9, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen in Planning Stages of Going more DIVERSE and GLOBAL! - June 8, 2020