Press Release for Immediate Release: January 19, 2021, Holly Lake Ranch, Texas
Kathy L. Murphy, CEO and Founder of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation at our first ever virtual online 2021Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party, announced that the New Executive Director of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation will be Author/Artist Mandy Haynes.
Mandy Haynes has spent hours on barstools, at backstage venues, and riding in vans listening to tales from some of the best songwriters and storytellers in Nashville, Tennessee. She’s an artist, a designer, and a freelancer for Amelia Islander Magazine. Mandy worked for twenty-six years for Vanderbilt University Medical Center before deciding to run away to Amelia Island. She started as a clerk working in the mailroom, making thousands of copies of patients’ medical records, but worked her way up to finish the last sixteen years as a pediatric cardiac sonographer at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital. She now lives in Fernandina Beach, Florida with her three dogs, a turtle, and a grateful liver. Walking the Wrong Way Home was a finalist for the 2017 Tartt Fiction Award and chosen as a bonus book for the 2019 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Reading List. Sharp as a Serpent’s Tooth Eva and Other Stories was chosen as a bonus book for the 2020 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation List.
Executive Director of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation
2020 Winners of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Books of the Year:
Bonus Book of the Year – “The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek” by Kim Michele Richardson presented by 2019 recipient, Michael Farris Smith
Book of the Year – “Dragonfly” by Leila Meacham presented by 2019 recipient, Jess Montgomery
The Doug Marlette Award – presented to Annie McDonnell of The Write Review by Jonathan Haupt, Executive Director of The Pat Conroy Literary Center who was our 2019 recipient of that award given for their life’s work of promoting literacy.
Please go to my Kathy L. Murphy Channel on YouTube to watch the latest and newest video of these presentations as now the video of that event is posted! Like, Watch, Share, and SUBSCRIBE! Click on the BELL ICON on top menu bar to receive future video posted notifications! IMPORTANT, as all videos of our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party sessions, panels, Keynote Speakers and Special Guests presentations will be posted.
Breathless Bubbles & Books Triva Contest Winners for “Breathless” gifts:
Nola Nash, Afshan Naheed Hashmi, Jeannette Brown, and Echo Garrett
Kathy L. Murphy a.k.a The Pulpwood Queen Trivia Contest Winners for Official T-shirts:
R.J. Lee,Shari Stauch, Stephanie Chance, and Julliette Haegglund
Winners of our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend January sign-up drawings:
Cary Broussard for 1st gift – 2 hours of empowerment coaching, provided by me (valued at $250). Can be spread across 2-4 coaching sessions. Available for one individual only.
Consultation sessions from Podcaster Sean Farjadi of www.storiesthatempower.com
Winners a complimentary Package to our 2022 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Annual Book Club Convention, MLK Weekend January 2022, Kathy L. Murphy a.k.a. The Pulpwood Queen Presents Best Participation and Sharing of BiG Book LOVE Stories at our Slumber Parties!
Author, Steven Manchester of “The Menu”
Author, Isla Morley of “The Last Blue” and “Come Sunday”
Author, Joe Palmer of “A Mariner’s Tale”
And Also for BEST COSTUME at our Breathless Bubbles and Books Slumber Party goes to Robert Gwatley for his rendition of author Oscar Wilde of “Dorian Gray” for a 2022 Complimentary Pass to our next convention.
Last announcing our theme for 2022 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation Book Club Convention that is always held Martin Luther King Weekend as we have a dream too! Drum roll…I HAVE A DREAM in honor of Dr. King and his vision of making this world a better place for all peoples of the world regardless of race, color, religion, or economic background. Reading is important! Be the change that you want to see by leading by example! Reading is the way to WORLD PEACE!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen “Dreams of Italy” and a few other places in LIVING COLOR! - February 18, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Valentine’s Weekend Events including NEW Writer’s Club with author, Robert Gwaltney! - February 13, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Author, Mandy Haynes our NEW Executive Director of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation and our other AWARDS! - January 19, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces SLUMBER PARTY Program for our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon! - January 11, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Showcases 2021 January International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Selections! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Begins With Saying “Once Upon A Time”! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives Gifts to Share this New Year’s Day! - January 1, 2021
- 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party Book Club Convention Program! - December 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives An Incredible Gift from Eileen Sanchez of Prose and the Pandemic! - December 19, 2020