Today on my “Feather Your Nest” I am going to talk about lighting in my little cabin in the woods, Murphy’s Law. Most of the lighting in my home comes from either unique finds at estates sales, antique and resale shops, but mostly designer Angie Hudson of Made in the Shade in Jefferson, Texas!
I love her lamps and light features so much they are throughout my home. Pictured above is the birdcage light fixture that I embellished, because I can never leave well enough along. More is always better and added to it all my necklaces, tassels, whistles and bells from my travels. I think it is pretty spectacular way to “Feather Your Nest” with birdcages, don’t you.
Below is the latest lamp Angie created for me when I repainted my kitchen in sage greens and teals.
Below is another unique lamp Angie Hudson created for me from her Made in the Shade in Jefferson, Texas and my favorite one she ever did for me that is made from a Chinese Turquoise coat for the lampshade. She even incorporated one of the side pockets that has a photo of my daughter Madeleine and peacock feathers!
Next up some of my Chinese lamps.
As you can see I have a thing for lamps and lighting so why not show your own unique individual style by lighting up your home with the things that you love. Go visit Angie Hudson at Made in the Shade in Jefferson, Texas and tell her The Pulpwood Queen sent you. Angie Hudson and Made in the Shade are on Facebook and she does ship directly to you but you will miss out if you do not walk, but run to her store. It’s a treasure trove of one of kinds and I get a ton of my clothing there too.
Truly, “Feather Your Nest” today!
Kathy L. Murphy
Artist/Author/Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs and Author of “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life”
Director of Acquisitions of Lucid House Publishing
P.O. Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765 – 1220
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Presents now through the end of April, 2022 Virtual Girlfriend Weekend Offer for $99! - March 23, 2021
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Author, Robert Gwaltney as my NEW Co-host for my Book to Film Club! - March 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021