I have just created on Facebook a NEW way to have some fun during our time of social distancing with the launch of The Pulpwood Queen Film Club, please join and bring all your friends.
Tonight at 6:30 p.m, I will be doing a LIVE Facetime at 6:30 p.m. Central Standard Time as we Kick Off our very first Watch Party for our first film to watch together “Cold Comfort Farm”. Unfortunately the only place you can watch this film following my talk or at your convenience is at https://reelgood.com/movie/cold-comfort-farm-1995 for a charge of $2.99 but so worth it. You can also purchase a copy to watch on Amazon.com.
I have posted the trailer, a reading from the book, and more on The Pulpwood Queen Film Club Facebook page and sure hope you will join me tonight! May I also suggest that after watching the film, you read the book, “Cold Comfort Farm” by Stella Gibbons a 1931 British Classic. Enjoy the film and then feel free to make comments and have a conversation with all of us as we explore the wonderful world of books that have been optioned to film.
Beside books, films are my go to place for entertainment and during this Coronavirus pandemic time of social distancing I have watched so many outstanding films besides reading. I just decided I was tired of watching movies all by myself. So like my online Pulpwood Academy Online Pulpwood Queen Book Club that meets every Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. on our Pulpwood Academy Facebook page, I decided why not start a Pulpwood Queen Film Club too to do the same thing! So happy that already nearly 300 people have joined so here we go. After I watch the film I will be looking for comments, reactions, and commentary so we are off to the movies! The best part it’s pajama time with popcorn and refreshments for me! See you tonight with jammies on!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, Book, and Film Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Has So Much to Share this Friday! - November 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Interviews Author, Jim Markam of “Big Lucky”! - November 15, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen has a Full Schedule of Events this Halloween Week! - October 26, 2020
- The Pulpwood Talks about one of her favorite films “Man’s Favorite Sport! - October 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her first book ever, “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”! - October 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Tonight’s Pre-Show Interview information for The Pulpwood Queen Film Club! - October 17, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Reads and Reviews, “A Dog’s Perfect Christmas”! - October 12, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Answers the Cry of the Meadowlark! - September 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Still Here, Make Each Day Count! - September 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces our Fall Line-up for Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club Authors Featured! - September 15, 2020