I have just created on Facebook a NEW way to have some fun during our time of social distancing with the launch of The Pulpwood Queen Film Club, please join and bring all your friends.
Tonight at 6:30 p.m, I will be doing a LIVE Facetime at 6:30 p.m. Central Standard Time as we Kick Off our very first Watch Party for our first film to watch together “Cold Comfort Farm”. Unfortunately the only place you can watch this film following my talk or at your convenience is at https://reelgood.com/movie/cold-comfort-farm-1995 for a charge of $2.99 but so worth it. You can also purchase a copy to watch on Amazon.com.
I have posted the trailer, a reading from the book, and more on The Pulpwood Queen Film Club Facebook page and sure hope you will join me tonight! May I also suggest that after watching the film, you read the book, “Cold Comfort Farm” by Stella Gibbons a 1931 British Classic. Enjoy the film and then feel free to make comments and have a conversation with all of us as we explore the wonderful world of books that have been optioned to film.
Beside books, films are my go to place for entertainment and during this Coronavirus pandemic time of social distancing I have watched so many outstanding films besides reading. I just decided I was tired of watching movies all by myself. So like my online Pulpwood Academy Online Pulpwood Queen Book Club that meets every Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. on our Pulpwood Academy Facebook page, I decided why not start a Pulpwood Queen Film Club too to do the same thing! So happy that already nearly 300 people have joined so here we go. After I watch the film I will be looking for comments, reactions, and commentary so we are off to the movies! The best part it’s pajama time with popcorn and refreshments for me! See you tonight with jammies on!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, Book, and Film Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks about Creating and Sharing BEAUTY! - August 20, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021