Dear Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Family, and Friends!
The biggest day of my life has arrived. The Pulpwood Queen is FINALLY graduating from college! What began at the age of 17 in 1974 when I began my college studies at Kansas State University continued with further studies at Emporia State University, Grossmont College, Panola College, Texarkana College, Texas A & M University, ends decades later on December 15, 2017 as I walk the stage to receive my diploma for B.F.A in Studio Arts, minor in Art History at The University of Texas at Tyler. Now that’s a sentence and now that I have reached this day I am celebrating being a lifelong learner BIG TIME!
You too can watch this momentous occasion too at https://www.uttyler.edu/commencement/. But better yet, join my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club and help me continue my mission of helping to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading. It is only $25 a year at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com that renews itself annually. Best money I have ever spent has been on books. Reading and educating yourself is not only the best thing you can do for you but for the world. We can change through education. I am a better person because I am a reader. The example you will set for others will create a “ripple in the pond” effect to being the change you want to see. Last a big shout out to my fellow art students, the outstanding staff and professors at The University of Texas Art Department, especially Dr. Abhidya Ghuge, who got us all through our Senior Exhibition and Michelle Taff, our Curator Director. I have made some friends for a lifetime and of course to all of you for your financial and spiritual support as I navigate the last chapter in my book of life. I am eternally grateful.
So my TIARA tonight will be my cap and gown, let my journey continue.
Next up, I am now featuring an author and their book every time I blog to help even more authors get discovered in a big way. So today’s feature is Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg of “Eden”. Be sure and check out her book. Great cover, don’t you think!
- The Pulpwood Queen Has Breaking News! - February 8, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Press Release On All the Winners and Awards at our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend! - January 24, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Recognizes and Bows to the Feet of my Girlfriend Weekend Volunteers! - January 21, 2020
- Press Release on Announcing Official 2020 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections! - January 18, 2020
- Full Program on Press Release for 2020 Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Changes, A Very Happy New Year! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Congratulations to our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend Featured Authors! - December 5, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks About the Benefits of Traveling for Literary Adventures! - November 7, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Things to Know Before Boarding The Queen Mary! - October 18, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announcing Fall Calendar of Events! - September 16, 2019