Dear Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guys Book Club Members, Family, and Friends!
The biggest day of my life has arrived. The Pulpwood Queen is FINALLY graduating from college! What began at the age of 17 in 1974 when I began my college studies at Kansas State University continued with further studies at Emporia State University, Grossmont College, Panola College, Texarkana College, Texas A & M University, ends decades later on December 15, 2017 as I walk the stage to receive my diploma for B.F.A in Studio Arts, minor in Art History at The University of Texas at Tyler. Now that’s a sentence and now that I have reached this day I am celebrating being a lifelong learner BIG TIME!
You too can watch this momentous occasion too at https://www.uttyler.edu/commencement/. But better yet, join my Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club and help me continue my mission of helping to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading. It is only $25 a year at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com that renews itself annually. Best money I have ever spent has been on books. Reading and educating yourself is not only the best thing you can do for you but for the world. We can change through education. I am a better person because I am a reader. The example you will set for others will create a “ripple in the pond” effect to being the change you want to see. Last a big shout out to my fellow art students, the outstanding staff and professors at The University of Texas Art Department, especially Dr. Abhidya Ghuge, who got us all through our Senior Exhibition and Michelle Taff, our Curator Director. I have made some friends for a lifetime and of course to all of you for your financial and spiritual support as I navigate the last chapter in my book of life. I am eternally grateful.
So my TIARA tonight will be my cap and gown, let my journey continue.
Next up, I am now featuring an author and their book every time I blog to help even more authors get discovered in a big way. So today’s feature is Jeanne McWilliams Blasberg of “Eden”. Be sure and check out her book. Great cover, don’t you think!
- The Pulpwood Queen Guest Blogger, Carol Megathlin! - May 19, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend TIAJUANA ANDERSON NEEL Scholarship! - April 29, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Spring Into Summer Events! - April 10, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Reporting from the Road on Yet another ROAD TRIP with Tiajuana! - February 14, 2019
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Announces Official 2019 Book Club Selections and More! - January 22, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen FINAL Press Release for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Program! - December 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen’s #1 New Year’s Resolution is to OWN IT! - December 19, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Heads Book Club Members Up, Moves Them out, RAWHIDE to East Texas! - December 17, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Sharing her LOVE for All Things Jason Momoa! - December 13, 2018
- 2019 Official Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 4, 2018