Today’s blog is one of housekeeping communication. Some requests so we can get better at communication as we are getting SO BIG! Never in a million years would I have dreamed we are headed to 1,000 chapters of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs. We are getting NEW memberships everyday so onward and upward!
My Want List:
- I need a photo of each chapter sent to me at thepulpwoodqueen.com to build an album to have on-site at Girlfriend Weekend and to share with the world. People want to see the largest “meeting and discussing” book club so give me your smiling bookloving faces! Please label your chapter, Pulpwood Queens of ?, where you are from and it would be so kind if you could least your name as the book club leader and your members.
- If you would be so kind to have a member start a Facebook page for your group. It can be private or public but makes it so easy to get information out to you as in my daily blogs if I can just send it to your group as a whole. Email is gettingharder and harder because when your email changes, I often do not get that notification. If I do I have to manually change everything. I spend hours each day, sometimes just on little things such as this, answering questions and responding to emails. Time is getting very precious to me.
- Keep in touch, Carolyn Hardy of The Pulpwood chapter, The Well-Read Tyler Roses is now updating me on all their meetings as Shirley Griffin of my Longview, Tx chapter. I love this as it helps me to understand what you are doing and so great to report to authors and publishers when asked.
- Respond to the Pulpwood Queen Daily Blog posts on the site, www.thepulpwoodqueens.com.
- Let me know what you are doing that is literary newsworthy, whether hosting one of our authors to doing a literary endeavor. These are the types of things that help me showcase you all for the annual KAT AWARD given to those promoting literacy. I do not know what you are doing if you do not tell me.
- Copy, paste and print our copy of our Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club reads. You know how I get the authors to come to Girlfriend Weekend? Because the authors, their publicists, and publishers know that I made their book an Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selection, so the more you purchase, read, and share that author’s book, the easier it is for me to make the request of the author’s presence at our book club convention. It’s fine to invite another author into your meeting as a guest, but the focus is on our BOOK OF THE MONTH, always as in our motto, “where TIARAS are mandatory and reading OUR good books is the ONLY Rule!”
- Pay it forward! Share, share, share my posts and review those authors that we read books. Nothing says thank you better than this to me and to our incredible authors. You all, they LOVE THE PULPWOOD QUEENS! We are changing people’s lives for the better and do not forget it for a moment! We can take our authors to bestsellerdom but doing just that!
- Give yourself a standing ovation! Seriously, you all have made this book club what it is today. You are what make our Girlfriend Weekend always such a success! I bow to the feet of my Pulpwood Queens, Timber Guys, and our fantabulous ROCK STAR authors. Because of YOU, we have many, many of their books going to film including mine. I could never have done this without all of YOU, side by side, hand in hand, here we GO all in the name of literacy!
Last polish up your TIARA, get your Bohemian Rhapsody theme on for what is most certainly going to be the most incredible Girlfriend Weekend ever! Bring a friend, shoot, bring a car full! We are all in this together and we are reaching for the STARS! WE CAN DO IT!
With all my love, your Tiara wearing, Book sharing queen,
Kathy L. Murphy
P.S. Don’t forget to book your rooms at The Fredonia Hotel and Convention center and get your Girlfriend Weekend Package today on this site! See program link at top of page and for buttons for Package on the Girlfriend Weekend page!
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks about Creating and Sharing BEAUTY! - August 20, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Presents now through the end of April, 2022 Virtual Girlfriend Weekend Offer for $99! - March 23, 2021