Tonight I absolutely came on something quite by accident, only I do not believe now it was an accident. I had watched an incredible film set in Morrocco, some place where I had always wanted to go then another film popped up, “Finding Joe”.
Within minutes of watching this film knew that this was something I had to share with the world. I remember when Joseph Campbell was a hot commodity in the bookstore decades ago that I was working in at the time. I know now I was not ready to hear the words but I am now. In fact this film spoke to me so deeply, tears welled in my eyes and tumbled down my cheeks. Then all of a sudden there was one of my authors, an author that I admire so greatly that I froze listening to his words. The author was Lakota author, Joseph Marshall III whose words I read every single day in his beautiful words and poem, “Keep Going”. THIS was meant to be, this was not an accident but an epiphany.
Watch this film, it has now affected every core of my being. Also I realized right after watching it that I had a theme for this years first ever virtual online 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party. Yes, out theme is and it was right in front of my face the whole time and I did not see it until tonight, “It’s All About The Story”.
I hope I hear from all of you about “finding your bliss” whatever it is, you just have to do it. I have been following mine and after watching this film there is no stopping me. And now for your viewing pleasure “Finding Joe”…
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Presents now through the end of April, 2022 Virtual Girlfriend Weekend Offer for $99! - March 23, 2021
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Author, Robert Gwaltney as my NEW Co-host for my Book to Film Club! - March 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021