I would like to share this story of my SHE-roe, Alma E. Tippins, otherwise known as Alligator Annie. She came into my world when I first opened my Beauty and the Book in Jefferson, Texas back in 2000. You see Annie had written some children’s poetry books, self-published, and dressed as an alligator. She would do presentations as her persona, Alligator Annie.
Her enthusiasm is infectious. My children loved her, all the children who came to our event loved her, shoot I loved her. She came to my last year’s Girlfriend Weekend and said, “Remember me?” You bet I did and you know I just love it when ordinary people living ordinary lives do extraordinary things. Alma or Annie, as I call her, runs Alligator Annie’s Septic business. But she has touched many lives with her joy for life and not letting things like age stop her from doing anything. She is not the oldest to zipline as that record goes to an 88-year-old but gosh darn it, she did it! I am inspired to do the same!
Here are her words of that experience: Zip lining guys wanted to be my “Men of the Day”. I’m not the oldest person to zip line. An 88 year old guy gets the honor. Beautiful day to zip through the treetops! Third time I’ve done this. Once with 2 granddaughters in New York, Texas. Once at Palo Duro Canyon in the Panhandle and today in Nacogdoches, Tx. With my granddaughter Jasmine and her friends for her 16th birthday. We all survived and enjoyed Zip Nac.
So today I declare Alligator Annie Queen for a Day and hope you will be inspired by her story, she’s on Facebook, and send her a HOWDY via the Pulpwood Queen! I choose to celebrate the people I have met through my book travels that put a positive spin on life! Won’t you by sharing this post! So keep on keeping on Alligator Annie and hope to see you soon again in Nacogdoches, Texas!
Truly, Tiara Wearing, Book and SHE-roe sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
P.S. Here is a post photo taken from her Alma E. Tippins Facebook page that says it all!
- The Pulpwood Queen Guest Blogger, Carol Megathlin! - May 19, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend TIAJUANA ANDERSON NEEL Scholarship! - April 29, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Spring Into Summer Events! - April 10, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Reporting from the Road on Yet another ROAD TRIP with Tiajuana! - February 14, 2019
- Breaking News! The Pulpwood Queen Announces Official 2019 Book Club Selections and More! - January 22, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen FINAL Press Release for 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Program! - December 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen’s #1 New Year’s Resolution is to OWN IT! - December 19, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Heads Book Club Members Up, Moves Them out, RAWHIDE to East Texas! - December 17, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Sharing her LOVE for All Things Jason Momoa! - December 13, 2018
- 2019 Official Program for Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 4, 2018