“Reading friends, what literary characters come to mind when asked which one(s) do you love? And which do you loathe? I don’t mean how well or how poorly written the characters are. I’m talking about the ones who make your heart swell, who you’d admire if they were to come to life, who you’d want for a neighbor, best friend or mate; and the ones who are so despicable they turn your stomach, make you angry, make you want to punch their face (at a minimum), and can make it a challenge to keep reading.
This is for everyone and anyone, but I’m tagging those I associate with books and reading for whatever reason. My knee jerk response is 👍🏼Atticus Finch and 👎🏼 Delores Umbridge. In fact, it was the latter who inspired this post. I HATE HER!!!”
Now readers I was tagged and after much thought these characters came to mind for me.
Of course, the man I most admire is Atticus Fitch in the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”. Intelligent, kind, always striving to help others and what a good father. These are the attributes that I find most admirable in a man. You have heard me say this over and over many times but “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee is the standard for me as I set the bar high on the best book that everyone should be required to read ever. The same truths that were evident then upon the reading by in 1964 are as relevant then as they are now. Perhaps, even more so…
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks about Creating and Sharing BEAUTY! - August 20, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Embraces Enchanted Living Magazine! - June 23, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Gratitude for all the Lifelong Friends and Friendships through her 20 years of Running Her Book Club! - June 16, 2021
- The Pulpwood Gives List of Books That She Will Never Forget, 65, in Fact! - June 12, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Ethan Hawke’s TEDTALK! - June 10, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Celebrates National Women’s Fiction Day! - June 8, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates from her Little Cabin in the Woods, Murphy’s Law! - June 5, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Executive Director, Mandy Haynes Latest Endeavor - April 27, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares All New Reading Initiatives! - April 26, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Tell You A Story! - April 1, 2021