“Reading friends, what literary characters come to mind when asked which one(s) do you love? And which do you loathe? I don’t mean how well or how poorly written the characters are. I’m talking about the ones who make your heart swell, who you’d admire if they were to come to life, who you’d want for a neighbor, best friend or mate; and the ones who are so despicable they turn your stomach, make you angry, make you want to punch their face (at a minimum), and can make it a challenge to keep reading.
This is for everyone and anyone, but I’m tagging those I associate with books and reading for whatever reason. My knee jerk response is 👍🏼Atticus Finch and 👎🏼 Delores Umbridge. In fact, it was the latter who inspired this post. I HATE HER!!!”
Now readers I was tagged and after much thought these characters came to mind for me.
Of course, the man I most admire is Atticus Fitch in the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”. Intelligent, kind, always striving to help others and what a good father. These are the attributes that I find most admirable in a man. You have heard me say this over and over many times but “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee is the standard for me as I set the bar high on the best book that everyone should be required to read ever. The same truths that were evident then upon the reading by in 1964 are as relevant then as they are now. Perhaps, even more so…
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Has So Much to Share this Friday! - November 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Interviews Author, Jim Markam of “Big Lucky”! - November 15, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen has a Full Schedule of Events this Halloween Week! - October 26, 2020
- The Pulpwood Talks about one of her favorite films “Man’s Favorite Sport! - October 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her first book ever, “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”! - October 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Tonight’s Pre-Show Interview information for The Pulpwood Queen Film Club! - October 17, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Reads and Reviews, “A Dog’s Perfect Christmas”! - October 12, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Answers the Cry of the Meadowlark! - September 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Still Here, Make Each Day Count! - September 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces our Fall Line-up for Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club Authors Featured! - September 15, 2020