Just back from a whirlwind of literary adventure in California and as I listen to the rainfall, drinking from my new Queen Mary mug of dark black coffee now fully rested from my trip, I am reflecting on the experiences and wonderful memories of travel. You see my best childhood friend, Heidi Surber Teichgraeber and I traveled first to Long Beach to attend Patricia V. Davis’s book launch event aboard the Queen Mary. All the stars aligned to do this and we were given such a gift. To have Patricia’s book latest book in her trilogy set aboard the Queen Mary introduced in such a way aboard this historic ship was an experience of a lifetime. As the book flashes back to World War II time, we dressed in authentic 1940’s theme. Here we are with the Chief who later gave us a nighttime tour of the ship!
There were eight Pulpwood Queen Book Club members that traveled to experience this evening and we all sat together at the event!
Here are photos of our incredible experience aboard the ship!
We had singers entertain us with music from the book, actors act out scenes from the book, and then, of course, the Chief and author, Patricia V. Davis give us the full experience of her latest book and the history of the ship too. You just have to go and do these things readers as never has there been a more interactive way of reading and experiencing a book, bar none.
Heidi and I went on to play dress-up aboard the ship with her vintage designs and even went to the world-famous Sunday Brunch, to die for, to say the least all while being entertained and waited on like royalty!
Go! Travel! Live our your book reading experiences as we made memories to last a lifetime! I cannot thank Patricia V. Davis enough for creating this ultimate book experience! I so look forward to hearing her speak to at our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend so get your Membership and Packages while they last, which won’t be long at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com!
Be sure and check out Patricia V. Davis Facebook page and now let’s fall back into reading!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
- Kathy L. Murphy Joins Lucid House Publishing as Director of Acquisitions! - May 27, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW Breathless Bubbles & Books READS! - March 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Has Breaking News! - February 8, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Press Release On All the Winners and Awards at our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend! - January 24, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Recognizes and Bows to the Feet of my Girlfriend Weekend Volunteers! - January 21, 2020
- Press Release on Announcing Official 2020 Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections! - January 18, 2020
- Full Program on Press Release for 2020 Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Changes, A Very Happy New Year! - December 31, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Congratulations to our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend Featured Authors! - December 5, 2019
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks About the Benefits of Traveling for Literary Adventures! - November 7, 2019