During this Coronavirus pandemic we have had a considerable rise in New Pulpwood Book Club Members and those joining all my Facebook pages including Breathless Bubbles & Books. Let me begin with our story so we can all be on the same page on exactly what is The Pulpwood Queens and yes, Timber Guys Book Clubs, the largest “meeting and discussing” book club in the world.
Our motto is “where Tiaras (or Crowns) are mandatory and reading our good books is the ONLY RULE.” Our sole mission is to promote authors, books, literacy, reading and helping authors get discovered in a really big way all while have the time of our lives. Fun! Big Time Fun! That is where Breathless Wines comes into our reading picture.
Some time back we partnered with Breathless Wines owned and run by Sharon Cohn and her remarkable sisters, wow, women empowering women. Author, Rebecca Rosenberg is our creative genius is creating our incredible banners and posts from Breathless Wines. She is also one of our fantabulous authors! All of us women have partnered to pair our outstanding books with their award winning wine! Ta Da! Just makes common sense to me, how about you?
Now what is a book and bottle of wine paired without all of you, a pretty beautiful gift box package to share with your family and friends at www.breathlesswines.com. Read All About It!
This week you will have fun and learn more about our story, You see it’s all about the story and why not have a great bottle of wine for storytime. We are featuring each week one of our authors so you can have a real conversation with them on the burning questions you want to know. The authors post each day and I have truly learned so much from these conversations. So invite all your friends to join us and who knows in that hopefully not too far away distant future, we can all go to Sonoma and have a tour of Breathless Wines. All aboard.
So today’s topic and question is, what turned you on to reading? Was it a teacher, a librarian, or perhaps just the book itself? Give us all the details as this is how we all get to truly know each other. I laugh, because the first thing I do when I go to someone’s house is check out their library, their stacks of books, the book by their bedside as this tells me so much about that person. Do you?
As the Founder of The Pulpwood Queen Book Club Reading Nation you will be learning more about my tribe, and all the backstory on our 20 years of reading all together. But for now check out our official website at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com and join us. We have a NEW Author Membership too that garners your book featured in our monthly Pulpwood Academy Newsletter. You also will get the copy of my memoir “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life” which is my life story of how books saved me and why I am on a mission to get everybody on board reading. When you join you will also receive a Pulpwood Queen Membership Certificate and Card.
So all aboard, life is short, invest in those things that bring people together into community with each other, Wine, books, conversation, these are what create the best memories of your life. I know they have for me. It’s all about the story!
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Valentine Writing Room! - June 28, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Her Decorating at her Home, Murphy’s Law! - June 27, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Wants to Connect Through the Sharing of Stories! - June 23, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes All New Authors and Members To Our Book Club! - June 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Has Breaking News Regarding 2022 Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! - June 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces January 2021 Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections! - June 16, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Welcomes Guest Blogger, Author, Connor Garrett! - June 13, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Echo Garrett, Publisher of Lucid House Publishing Message to the World! - June 10, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Love for “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee! - June 9, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen in Planning Stages of Going more DIVERSE and GLOBAL! - June 8, 2020