When it comes to the favorite films of my childhood, tune into the films of the 1960’s. This is perhaps my favorite romantic comedy, “Man’s Favorite Sport” starring Paula Prentice and Rock Hudson. It’s the story of this man who has written a book on a guide to fishing but only one problem. He does not know how to fish!
Check out my latest blog on this at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRY0gmHXWfdLWAe7yMjp5bA?view_as=subscriber
This is what I dreamed would happen to me when I grew up. Find a hunky man who loved the outdoors and big laughs all the way. There was also plenty of alcohol being served and not that I am a big drinker, but that bar with those martini’s, priceless. I could live that moment anytime at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans with it’s revolving bar. I’d rather eat the olives, but you get the idea!
So my big blog today is on what brings happiness into your life and makes you laugh hard. Bring back these kind of films for me with lots of romance and reparte’, so I’m sure you could mix you up a pitcher of martini’s, sit back, relax and enjoy a film that still has me giggling like a school girl.
What’s your favorite romantic comedy? “Bringing Up Baby”? A Doris Day film, well this week I am diving into the films of the 1960’s, “Ski Party” comes to mind starring Frankie Avalon and Annette Funichello or perhaps Sally Field in the “Gidget” television series or film.
Have fun and recognize that it’s harder to make you laugh in films than cry, love the screenwriters from this time period so see you at the movies!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6cE8Q6bXSs&list=PLtWb51h0f90svvqDWDIK6ZSKJrlvL3HN0
- The Pulpwood Queen Has So Much to Share this Friday! - November 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Interviews Author, Jim Markam of “Big Lucky”! - November 15, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen has a Full Schedule of Events this Halloween Week! - October 26, 2020
- The Pulpwood Talks about one of her favorite films “Man’s Favorite Sport! - October 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her first book ever, “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood”! - October 20, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares Tonight’s Pre-Show Interview information for The Pulpwood Queen Film Club! - October 17, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Reads and Reviews, “A Dog’s Perfect Christmas”! - October 12, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Answers the Cry of the Meadowlark! - September 22, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Is Still Here, Make Each Day Count! - September 21, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces our Fall Line-up for Pulpwood Academy Online Book Club Authors Featured! - September 15, 2020