Every morning I bound out of bed at my little cabin in the woods, Murphy’s Law, to begin my day! My cat, wakes me up very early, the little monster, but after being fortified with some seriously dark coffee I begin my writing. Then on to work or my blog or since I am off today, my art. I draw my inspiration from all the art from my travels, gifts from my artist friends, and those works that I have purchased. I am very eclectic in my interests but each work speaks to me in a special way. See the images of just a few of the works in my home.
Seriously, my home is floor to rafters filled with art including my own. So this week I have been painting, a lot. Here is what I am working on at this moment which I call “The Faerie Queen”. I cannot take my eyes off of it!
Previously, I had been working on all of these paintings which combine Gelatos, Alcohol inks and glitter but on a smaller level, 5″ by 5″ and 4″ by 4″ as I have an up and coming exhibition at Sharla’s Boutique during their Art In Bloom Festival in McKinney/Dallas, Texas.
All of these works are inspired by what I see when I look out the floor to ceiling glass windows that face my woods and all the art featured in my home. Everything I am is from nature and my reading life. I know you see so many different types of artwork but I just let my imagination go wild and free. I am happy. Creating my work, whether writing or painting or doing ceramics or collage are the result of a lifetime of working quite seriously my ass off. Now is my time to reflect and create, this is the final chapter of my life and the way I see it in my fairy tale world, a Happy Ever After Ending!
Now back to painting, hope this inspires you to follow your passions and dreams to make them come true. Life is a choice and I choose to find the joy!
Kathy L. Murphy Artist
The Pulpwood Queen
P.S. Check out my art Fashion and Home designs at www.ShopVida.com, type ThePulpwoodQueen in Search box to see all my creations. I have also a Kathy L. Murphy Artist and thepulpwoodqueen Facebook page that features my art.
Next up I have been selected for juried art exhibition at the Kokomo Gallery in conjuction with Indiana University and Art in Bloom in McKinney, Texas. I will follow up with details in blogs plus one more gallery exhibition in the works. I am like a house on fire, back to work!
- The Pulpwood Queen Declares Happy Book Birthday to OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - September 18, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces, “I’m going to be a grandma, call me Mama Kat! - September 11, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is an Artist Sharing my Joy of Painting with all of YOU! - September 10, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Poet, Tim Conroy Will do a Special Presentation at our 2019 Girlfriend Weekend! - September 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Morning Musing Since Turning 62! - August 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Updates On Our Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend And Featuring New Author Discoveries! - August 22, 2018
- Updates from The Pulpwood Queen on Author/Designer, Phebe Phillips and Mac Hargrove AND MORE BREAKING NEWS! - August 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be be featured in the book, “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - August 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen says, “If a picture is a thousand words, I say here is a whole tome!” - August 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Big REVEAL! Check out the Inside of my NEW GLAMPER! - August 9, 2018