Every morning I bound out of bed at my little cabin in the woods, Murphy’s Law, to begin my day! My cat, wakes me up very early, the little monster, but after being fortified with some seriously dark coffee I begin my writing. Then on to work or my blog or since I am off today, my art. I draw my inspiration from all the art from my travels, gifts from my artist friends, and those works that I have purchased. I am very eclectic in my interests but each work speaks to me in a special way. See the images of just a few of the works in my home.
Seriously, my home is floor to rafters filled with art including my own. So this week I have been painting, a lot. Here is what I am working on at this moment which I call “The Faerie Queen”. I cannot take my eyes off of it!
Previously, I had been working on all of these paintings which combine Gelatos, Alcohol inks and glitter but on a smaller level, 5″ by 5″ and 4″ by 4″ as I have an up and coming exhibition at Sharla’s Boutique during their Art In Bloom Festival in McKinney/Dallas, Texas.
All of these works are inspired by what I see when I look out the floor to ceiling glass windows that face my woods and all the art featured in my home. Everything I am is from nature and my reading life. I know you see so many different types of artwork but I just let my imagination go wild and free. I am happy. Creating my work, whether writing or painting or doing ceramics or collage are the result of a lifetime of working quite seriously my ass off. Now is my time to reflect and create, this is the final chapter of my life and the way I see it in my fairy tale world, a Happy Ever After Ending!
Now back to painting, hope this inspires you to follow your passions and dreams to make them come true. Life is a choice and I choose to find the joy!
Kathy L. Murphy Artist
The Pulpwood Queen
P.S. Check out my art Fashion and Home designs at www.ShopVida.com, type ThePulpwoodQueen in Search box to see all my creations. I have also a Kathy L. Murphy Artist and thepulpwoodqueen Facebook page that features my art.
Next up I have been selected for juried art exhibition at the Kokomo Gallery in conjuction with Indiana University and Art in Bloom in McKinney, Texas. I will follow up with details in blogs plus one more gallery exhibition in the works. I am like a house on fire, back to work!
- The Pulpwood Queen Talks About Defining Moments! - July 19, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen, On the Road Again! - July 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares the latest on Girlfriend Weekend 2019! - July 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Celebrating Big Time the 4th of July! - July 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Holds Silent Auction for Tornado Disaster Assistance of Her Hometown of Eureka, Kansas! - July 1, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Showcases Her Art-Inspired Designs in Home and Fashion at the Runway in the Garden Fashion Show! - June 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is a Proud Eureka Tornado, Class of 74″, The Year With More! - June 27, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen is Back Home Sweet Home at Murphy’s Law! - June 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Reports from Memphis/Collierville, Tennessee on Last Day of Tour! - June 23, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Headed to Westport, Connecticut on “Warrior Goddess” Art and Fashion Book Tour! - June 18, 2018