Dear Pulpwood Queens, Timber Guys, Book Clubs, and Booklovers everywhere!
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Contact: Kathy L. Murphy
January 15, 2018
Nacogdoches, Texas – The Pulpwood Queen is pleased to announce the following 2017 Pulpwood Queen Awards and for Books of the Year!
Pulpwood Queen BONUS Book of the Year – “Before We Were Yours” by Lisa Wingate
Pulpwood Queen Crossover Book of the Year – “The Low Country Coloring Book” by Melissa Conroy
The KAT Award is given to individuals or groups that exemplify our book club mission of promoting authors, books, literacy, and reading to the BB Queens of Jackson, Mississippi! Special thanks to Author, Ann Wertz Garvin and Founder of Bloom: Tall Poppy Writers for sending their “Books and Bottles” package to the winners. A special note and prayers out to you on the death of your father. May God Bless You and Keep You.
The Doug Marlette Award is given to an individual that has spent a lifetime promoting literacy – Tijuana Anderson Neal
The TIARA Award is given to the individual who creates a handmade tiara that ties in with the theme of the year – Sharon Buzzard
Sharon Buzzard won for her handmade representation of her husband, Steve Weigenstein’s book, “The Language of Trees”!
Winner of Ms. Bohemian Rhapsody Great Big Ball of Hair Ball Queen – Brenda Hastings-Gongora at https://www.facebook.com/search/str/brenda+hastings-gongora/keywords_search
Winner of the Timber SEXY READING CONTEST – Timber Guy of the YEAR – Author, James Conroyd Martin
Kathy L. Murphy with TIMBER GUY OF THE YEAR WINNER, Author, James Conroyd Martin!
And we all were WINNERS at our annual book club convention which we call Girlfriend Weekend because of all of the authors in attendance, which are our Official reads!
Here is our Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club reads, so far, for 2018! Stay tuned for an updated list of additions!
2018 Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club Selections
Love and Other Consolation Prizes: A Novel by Jamie Ford
Bonus Books: The Cage-Maker by Nicole Seitz, foreword by Cassandra King Conroy
A Celebration of Words: Volume One: Essays from Michael Connelly, James Lee Burke and Andre Dubus by Kacey Kowars
A Second Blooming: Becoming The Women We Are Meant To Be by Susan Cushman
Bonus Books: Devotions for the Hungry Heart by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
The Little Coffee Shop in Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez
Once in a Blue Moon Lodge by Lorna Landvik
Bonus Books: Cook & Tell: Recipes and Stories from Southern Kitchens by Johnathan Scott Rebecca Barrett
Cherry Bomb by Susan Cushman
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
Founder of the Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Reading Nation
www.thepulpwoodqueens.com to click on to purchase your tickets and packets for Girlfriend Weekend 2019, January 17 – 19th at The Fredonia Hotel and Convention Center in historic Nacogdoches, Texas. Book your packages now as the theme is HOW THE WEST WAS WON!, (through books and reading, of course)! WE ARE BACK IN NAC!
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces Author/Designer, Phebe Phillips and Mac Hargrove AND MORE BREAKING NEWS! - August 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen to be be featured in the book, “OUR PRINCE OF SCRIBES! - August 13, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen says, “If a picture is a thousand words, I say here is a whole tome!” - August 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Big REVEAL! Check out the Inside of my NEW GLAMPER! - August 9, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Introduces You to Mark, my New GLAMPER! - August 7, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Plans her Birthday Bash at Tyler State Park in Tyler, Texas And You Are Invited! - August 4, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Yesterday Had a “Thelma and Louise” Moment! - August 3, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Winner of Drawing for a FREE Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Package! - August 1, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces a 2019 Girlfriend Weekend Giveaway! - July 29, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing , Book Sharing Guide to Life NEW Edition! - July 27, 2018