Dear Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club members, book lovers everywhere!
How to find your next great read? NPR just posted, a Book Concierge. While perusing all the books I am constantly reminded of how many books actually get published each year, a lot. So I read books from these lists and from other recommended online sites too like Shelf Awareness which leads to another treasure trove of great discoveries. I have only twelve Book of the Month books to select from an endless sea of those hitting my Pulpwood Queen Book Club shore. Check this out but if you want to hone in on books that enlighten, educate, entertain, and are not homework, go to www.thepulpwoodqueens.com. Time is the essence and none of us have enough of it. I work very hard to find the best books to read then invite in all my past, present, and future Official Pulpwood Queen Book Club authors to our book reading table which I call Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend. It is January 11 – 14, 2017 at the recently restored retro Fredonia Hotel and The Fredonia Hotel & Convention Center in historic Nacogdoches, Texas. Yes, it costs to come, all my hard work has to be recognized and this is my livelihood, in fact, this is my life. The program is up at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com top of the page. Membership is required for a discount on the membership page. The Big Yellow Buttons as you scroll down Girlfriend Weekend page is where you purchase your package but I can tell you this. Nobody created a book club festival like this one. All the authors participate in everything we do from waiting your tables at the Author Dinner to dressing up this year in our theme BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY for the Great Big Giant Hair Ball, our Grand Finale! I have the biggest line up I have ever had with Keynote Authors, Jamie Ford, Lisa Wingate, Ann Hood, M.J. Rose, Randy Susan Meyers, Daren Wang, and Alice Hoffman. They are ROCKSTAR AUTHORS but the dozens more are too, you just may not have discovered them yet.
This holiday season gives you the gift that keeps on giving, a weekend with some of the best authors in the country all with all your girlfriends, guy friends, book club friends, and book people. We are all here to be in community with one another and I can think of no better connector than reading great books! It is our book club family reunion and truly the party that I most want to go to every year as you never really know what you are going to hear, see, or experience! Besides, all my best friends are at this event, the authors and my book club members. For more information or ANY questions, please email at the address below. I am headed into finals week at The University of Texas at Tyler, Texas where I will be graduating December 15th! After that, it’s full steam ahead on the holidays and our BOOKLOVING PARTY OF THE YEAR! All are welcome, everybody, you just have to pay more if you do not join. Membership does have privileges! Happy Holidays You All!
Read as be the change you want to see, that is my motto this coming year! READ!
Truly, Tiara Wearing and Book Sharing,
Kathy L. Murphy
The Pulpwood Queen
- The Pulpwood Queen Says “Let me be like Scout”, from “To Kill a Mockingbird”! - February 21, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen On The Road with Tiajuana Anderson Neel Promoting Literacy! - February 20, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Has First Solo Exhibition titled “Bookland”! - February 14, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares all the Good News! - February 12, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Now Fascinated With History! - February 6, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Shares her Art as Portals Into Your Own Imaginations To Make NEW Discoveries! - January 25, 2018
- ATTENTION! The Pulpwood Queen Announces a Really Big Contest, The Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Roundup to Girlfriend Weekend 2019! - January 24, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces NEW Co-Host for Girlfriend Weekend 2019, Author, REAVIS Z. WORTHAM! - January 23, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces 2018 Book Club Selections, so far… - January 22, 2018
- The Pulpwood Queen Asks “Can I get a Witness?” - January 18, 2018