Attention regarding Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Scholarship Donations in the name of Tiajuana Anderson Neel, the late great Executive Director of The Pulpwood Queen Book Club Reading Nation and my dearest friend:
An update on the Pulpwood Queen “Tiajuana Anderson Neel” Scholarship Fund. All scholarships have been given and just waiting on an essay. We are no longer looking for those to participate in the essay contest. Read All About It and let’s make someone’s dream to attend come true!
This has been a recent traumatic loss to us and her family and friends with the tragic and untimely death of Tiajuana Anderson Neel. I have spent the last few days working hard to not drown in sorrow as Tiajuana would not have wanted that at all. So I have thrown myself with even more gusto into a TRIBUTE FOR TIAJUANA that will be held at our annual Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend!
To contribute to the Tiajuana Anderson Neel Scholarship, you can write a check to Kathy Louise Murphy -Scholarship Fund and send to:
Kathy L. Murphy
Attn: Scholarship Fund
P.O, Box 1220
Hawkins, Texas 75765
We will be having another essay writing contest for those wishing to apply to for the scholarship in Tiajuana’s name for 2020. You must write about what it would mean to you to attend this event and why our being a member of The Pulpwood Queens Book Club is so important to you. This contest is open to those who have not already paid but those who could come if it was not such a financial hardship. Just send to me at the above address on why you would like to attend our 20th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend and if you win a scholarship, be prepared to read it at our Thursday night, “Tribute to Tiajuana” event, January 16, 2020 beginning at 7:00 p.m. at The Jefferson Tourism and Convention Center in historic Jefferson, Texas.
All involved in our 20th Anniversary book, “The Pulpwood Queens Celebrate 20 Years” have decided to dedicate our nearly 70 contributing writer’s and author’s stories to Tiajuana Anderson Neel to be published by Brother Mockingbird Press. This is going to be one of the most life-affirming books you have ever read including Tiajuana’s own contribution which will have you smiling through the tears.
Last I am asking all of come again or come back our annual convention, The Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend! Bring a mother, brother, father, sister, friend, but let’s fill the house for our 20th Anniversary that’s the theme is TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT, one more time! August 1st the price goes up again so get your Membership and Packages TODAY at www.thepulpwoodqueens.com.
All the Pulpwood Queens pictured hugged me and grabbed me to say whatever you need Kathy, we will be there. I am asking you to please attend this year and come whether you are featured as an author or not. This is the YEAR! 20 Years of running the largest “meeting and discussing” book club in the world and this was to be the highlight of Tiajuana’s life as Executive Director. She purchased the most blinged out TIARA ever when we went to Disneyworld and she took it with her as she went to the big book-loving “library in the sky”! I am sure heaven now has a book club leader because nobody could say no to Tiajuana! Well, at least I could not. She was passionate about her new position and I am truly sorry that she will not be there in person but I can assure you she will be there in spirit!
All aboard get those tickets and book your rooms while you have choices, for full lodging accommodations go to www.visitjeffersontexas.com!
A huge THANK YOU to those who have contributed to this Pulpwood Queen “Tiajuana Anderson Neel” Scholarship program and those who have contributed are as follows.
Laurel Huber Davis
Laura Lane McNeel
Barbara Linn Probst
Amy Hill Hearth
Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club members:
Emily Mann & Phil Latham
P. Gayle Evers
Jodi and Mark Miller
Hunting for Soldiers, Inc.
Thank you again to every one of you that messaged me, called me, offered your help and services, sent me cards, made donations to her scholarship, this is your book club and it’s time to make this event legendary!
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen “Dreams of Italy” and a few other places in LIVING COLOR! - February 18, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Valentine’s Weekend Events including NEW Writer’s Club with author, Robert Gwaltney! - February 13, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Author, Mandy Haynes our NEW Executive Director of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation and our other AWARDS! - January 19, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces SLUMBER PARTY Program for our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon! - January 11, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Showcases 2021 January International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Selections! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Begins With Saying “Once Upon A Time”! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives Gifts to Share this New Year’s Day! - January 1, 2021
- 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party Book Club Convention Program! - December 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives An Incredible Gift from Eileen Sanchez of Prose and the Pandemic! - December 19, 2020