Hi, I’m Sean, the host of the Stories that Empower podcast. Here’s my story. I took my dad to a pub to create father and son memories. He began sharing his life experiences, full of resilience, with nearby patrons. When it was time for us to leave, they were so saddened. That’s when I realized that stories encapsulate “nuggets” of life wisdom that span generations. Each of us has a life story. I want your story to be heard.
I, like many, have experienced setbacks/challenges, like the loss of a loved one or the loss of one’s identity. If you’re going through something like this, you are not alone. Many have gone through what you’re experiencing. If others were able to get through it, then surely there is hope and light for you, as well. The collection of these stories is meant to be your “toolkit” towards your journey of hope, inspiration and empowerment. You are not alone. You are loved.
Sean / Founder / Host / Stories that Empower / Podcast
Something wonderful happened yesterday! My dear friend and Pulpwood Queen Author, Eileen Harrison Sanchez who also runs the blog “Prose and the Pandemic” set up a Zoom meeting with me and podcaster Sean Farjadi from ironically, Fairfax, Virginia where Kimberley Cetron has the Pulpwood Queens of Northern, Virginia and also another one of our authors, Henry G. Brinton is Senior Paster at the Fairfax Presbyterian Church. She had met Sean Farjadi who had a podcast about people who are paying it forward and have inspiring stories to share. Eileen had been featured for some time and and he offered to her with his compliments a $500 package to be featured for the month of January. His words “Eileen, thank you for the introduction! You are a kind, gentle spirit and you are a ‘true connector’.
- Promote you on each episode of my podcast for an entire month
- Promote you on my website on the ‘Showcase’ page for an entire month
- Jan 2021 is the next opportunity available, so I intend to do both of these during that month
- Once I generate your promotion, I’ll email the audio file to you
Now I am sharing this because all this good came to me from our International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation author, Eileen Sanchez. You have to read her book “Freedom Lessons: A Novel”. After you read it you will see why, she’s a giver and a storyteller supreme.
So we had this Zoom meeting yesterday and as usual I talked Eileen and Sean’s socks off, one my grandmother’s sayings. This offer came and now he just emailed me, why wait until January, here is the feature he did today.
Kathy L. Murphy “the Pulpwood Queen”
Hi friends, I’d like to showcase a wonderful human being, Kathy L. Murphy. She is:
– an artist, author and founder of the world’s largest meet and discuss book club, “The International Pulpwood Queens” and “Timber Guys” Book Club
– the Director of Acquisitions at Lucid House Publishing
– hosting her annual book club convention (virtually, of course) January 14-17, where you can expect at least 50 keynote speakers, authors and presenters (you’ve got to check it out!)
But you know what’s even than larger than her book club? It’s her compassion, her big heart and service mindset of ‘giving back’ to others. Kathy feels a sense of duty to enable and empower writers and authors. She feels it’s important for their stories ‘to be heard’, because there’s meaning and value in those stories.
What a gift! You know this has been a really tough year, shoot the past seven I have been through the best and worst of times. So at times like this what I hold to my heart is the kindness of the gifts of my family, friends, my book club members, and my authors. The authors really rallied around me this year big time. I never forget the kindnesses given to me especially by Eileen Sanchez and my new friend Sean Farjadi!
You see we are all on a journey and we all have a choice of what to make a priority in our life. What is important to you! I know there are relatively few people, what I could probably count on my two hands, of those who are as passionate about reading as me. Eileen and Sean are two of them. Fortunately, ALL OF THEM are on board for the biggest book club convention I have ever created. Coming up in less than a month is our 21st anniversary of reading all together. Because of my authors they convinced me to create in a very short time frame my first ever virtual online book club convention that will also be a Slumber Party! Since we all will be at home, why not wear our pajamas, EVERYBODY!
A big shout out to Eileen Sanchez to Sean Farjadi. Visit his podcast at storiesthatempower.com/showcase and visit my website to get your membership, we offer four different kinds, to get the $199 Early Bird Package to attend our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party at thepulpwoodqueens.com. It’s a BIG BOOK CLUB BOOK LOVE FEST so see you there. Both Eileen and Sean will be there too with pajamas on folks!
Thank you for joining me on this wild roller coaster ride of our bookloving life!
It’s all about the story!
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces SLUMBER PARTY Program for our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon! - January 11, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Showcases 2021 January International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Selections! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Begins With Saying “Once Upon A Time”! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives Gifts to Share this New Year’s Day! - January 1, 2021
- 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party Book Club Convention Program! - December 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives An Incredible Gift from Eileen Sanchez of Prose and the Pandemic! - December 19, 2020
- 2021 International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Convention Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party! - December 18, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Featured Authors, Presenters, and Moderators CONFIRMED for our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party! - December 12, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen shares “Finding Joe” to Follow Your Bliss! - December 6, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces her 2021 Official Reads! - December 1, 2020