Greetings from The Pulpwood Queen! So happy to announce that August 1st will be the laydown date to pre-order our book, “The Pulpwood Queens Celebrate 20 Years” edited by Susan Cushman, Dedicated To Tiajuana Anderson Neel with Foreward by Kathy L. Murphy, Introduction by Robert Hicks, Afterword by Jonathan Haupt, cover by Nicole Seitz and published by Brother Mockingbird Publishing.
All these came together as first Claire Fullerton wrote a feature for Southern Writer’s magazine blog on her take of coming for the first time to our annual Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend Book Club Convention. Which got me thinking what if for our 20th Anniversary we put a book together to share all the stories through the years from our authors, Pulpwood Queens, friends, and yes, family of our book and convention. This anthology will include nearly 70 stories, essays, and poems by one of our own author, Susan Cushman who said “Yes!” to editing this book along with the help of Jonathan Haupt, Executive Director of The Pat Conroy Literary Center. Pulpwood Queen Book Club member, Susan Marquez came aboard for second eyes too on proofreading the finished book. A lot of Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy teamwork went into this book. Our Pulpwood Queen Book Club author/artist agreed to create the marvelous cover that we all just love. Robert Hicks who Tiajuana Anderson Neel adore as loved to stay with when in Nashville agreed to the Introduction and then everybody just truly outdid themselves.
Last Melissa Melissa Coleman Carrigee, publisher of Brother Mockingbird encouraged by Johnnie Bernhard, one of our featured authors, encourage Melissa Coleman Carrigee to purchase a booth at the Girlfriend Weekend last year. I was very impressed by this brand spanking new publisher and her desire to help those authors and their books deemed wonderful to get published. So when she heard I was doing a book, she just reached out and told me she would love to publish it.
All the stars in heaven aligned all because of everyone at our 19th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend to create this now finished book in record time to have available to you for holiday gift-giving as will launch on Amazon.com December 1st!
This is our Pulpwood Queen Book Club community gift to the world on the power of the story. This will my gift to everyone this holiday season and hopefully yours too. You will be able to pre-order very soon and hope you all do.
But do note our Official Launch Party will be Friday Evening, January 17, 2018 during our 20th Anniversary Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend for our “The Pulpwood Queens’ Celebrate 20 Years” Author Dinner. The Authors will all wait the tables dressed as Lumberjacks. So many of the authors will be in attendance that we are going to recognize all of them but the ones tagged below will be on our evenings’ panel of entertainment. Afterward, the authors in the book will sign all your books purchased at the event for you as we will have an assembly line of authors. Also for those purchasing at the event, I will for each book purchased have a coupon to receive a complimentary copy my e-book, “The Pulpwood Queens’ Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life” plus some special swag too. This book is the first book you are to read when you join our book club.
“The Pulpwood Queens Celebrate 20 Years” will be our Official 2020 January Book of the Month and I promise you once you read this book, you will run not walk to join a book club and hopefully ours.
Thank you truly from the bottom of my heart to everyone who brought this book into fruition including our Pulpwood Queens authors who offered blurbs, Paula McLain, Lisa Wingate, Jamie Ford, and Patti Callahan Henry. We have been very blessed to all to come together as the Pulpwood Queen tribe as we all completely understand the power of a great story.
For Membership go to www.thepulpwoodqueen.com and for Packages to the weekend Click Pulpwood Queen Girlfriend Weekend.
Our Newly Revamped website will be going up soon thanks to my now Pulpwood Queen Team Webmasters, Pulpwood Queen Kim Johnson Griffin and Timber Guy Paul Roberson, stay tuned!
Kathy L. Murphy
- The Pulpwood Queen Counts Her Many Blessings One By One! - February 21, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen “Dreams of Italy” and a few other places in LIVING COLOR! - February 18, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Calendar of Valentine’s Weekend Events including NEW Writer’s Club with author, Robert Gwaltney! - February 13, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces Author, Mandy Haynes our NEW Executive Director of The International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Reading Nation and our other AWARDS! - January 19, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Announces SLUMBER PARTY Program for our 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon! - January 11, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Showcases 2021 January International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club Selections! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Begins With Saying “Once Upon A Time”! - January 2, 2021
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives Gifts to Share this New Year’s Day! - January 1, 2021
- 2021 Girlfriend Weekend Zoomathon Slumber Party Book Club Convention Program! - December 19, 2020
- The Pulpwood Queen Receives An Incredible Gift from Eileen Sanchez of Prose and the Pandemic! - December 19, 2020